No deposit back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How long do I have to go after a store that won't give me back a deposit for a special order they never gave me? Also how do I do it. This happened last December. Do to illness and a death in my family, I could not take care of this at that time. Thanks for any help.

I went to a hair salon that specializes in hair pieces and extentions. The place hardly had anything in it which should have tipped me off. The woman said she was just moving in. I told her I wanted a stock piece and a custom piece. The stock needed to be at least 20 inches long. She said she needed a $500.00 deposit. I didn't hear from her for about a week, then I called. She claimed she was still looking at different factories. Then she was ignoring my calls. Finally after 2 weeks she claimed she could only get the stock in 15 inches which was no good to me. The other she did not order yet. I called her back and her daughter answered and I told her to cancel the order and charge back the money to my credit card and I hung up. The mother called back and told me she would not refund my money. She claimed she had put the order in for the custom (which she just got through telling me she didn't). This order had to be in by a certain date as my daughter was leaving on a trip and I told them that.

So here it was, a week before the trip and nothing. And she refused to give me the $500.00 back. My credit card company went after her and they came back and told me to try to go after her. I think she closed her bank account so they could not take it back. I don't think she is around now and there are other people she did the same thing with. I read this on line. I am trying to find her right now. Thanks for inquiring.

Are you based in the US? As a UK site our expertise is limited to this country's laws, but the ability of your credit card company to seek repayment has nothing to do where the seller has their bank account. If you did not receive the goods you paid for, they shopuld reverse the transaction. Put it in writing to the card co, and see what they say. A complaint yo your local Better Business Bureau may also help, but push the card company first. If it was Visa, they also have a consumer charter that protects you.

I am based in the US. I didn't realize this site was based in the UK. I will try to see if she is still in business. I am not sure about her name either but I do know her x partner's work name. I will try to find out some information from her. I will also go to the BBB. I know they don't do much though. I just wonder how much time I have to file a complaint or have a lawyer write her a letter. I am diappointed with my Mastercard. One person from the credit card told me I was covered. They put the money in my account and I had to wait 2 weeks I think. Then I got rejected notice and they took out the money saying that she refused to pay!. I have fantastic credit with them and never missed a payment and they do that to me? Thank You for your information.

Visa International is pretty good when there are issues like this, Mastercard less so - however, you may find it was your bank's credit card department that put the temporary reversal on and did not escalate it to MC proper. If you didn;t get the goods, the CC should take up the slack, and no require you to become a detective and pursue the business owner.