odds

Atos Medical Experience

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3591 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I recently had to attend a Medical for my IB to be conducted by Atos, 5 months after filling in my IB50 renewal. Anyway, I did the usual reading up and research and instantly went into a blind panic. Do I take notes, record it secretly gathering all the info ready for an appeal.

So, on the day I arrived as suggested 10 mins early and filled in the form at reception, and took a seat. Within 10 minutes I was called in by a nurse for my 'medical', the usual questions were asked, as I had read about, "how did you get here", "how long did that take then" :)

So to the 'medical' questions. After going through my recent medical history, which led to my present conditions, I was quite surprised that the nurse actually said " You really are ill aren't you". And I'm sat there thinking, 'Yes, that's why I claim benefits actually'. Anyway more questions passed and then she actually started prompting me as to what the next answer should be 'Yes' or 'No' to the following questions by nodding her head as she asked them.

So, the point of this post is, there are decent Atos people out there. Just make sure you get on the right side of them and be upfront and honest....... and get your say in, don't just sit and wait for them to ask questions, give them the FULL facts.

I got a letter four days later saying I met the threshold to continue receiving benefits, I just need to phone for my med report now to see what I scored on. Why don't they tell you that in the letter by the way ?

So good luck to everyone else taking the 'medical' and remember it is not all doom and gloom.

Pete.

Hi

Well done.:whoo:

When have they said is your next review?

Make sure you get a copy of your medical.

Best wishes

Hi

Well done.:whoo:

When have they said is your next review?

Make sure you get a copy of your medical.

Best wishes

Next review is in 18 months, and I will be requesting my med report first thing Monday morning, just to keep as a reference for next year.