Jump to content

Capquest help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3589 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Firstly I would like to thank all the members of this forum who have so far provided much help with their posts that I have read through regarding Capquest.


I got a letter claiming that I owed T-mobile £82.41 and that fire and brimstone would ensue if I didn't pay it at once.


Now I had fallen for Capquest's tactics in the past paying 1 or 2 debts of around £20 due to the scare tactics used, this time I'm not giving in so easy.


I sent them the templated letter asking them to provide proof that I owe the amount mentioned to which they sent a letter saying the account would be on hold till Oct 13.


Today however I received a letter from them saying the following


"We can confirm we forwarded your previous correspondence to our client and their response is as follows.


'The account holder (of the same name) has already made payments to you and many payments on the account. If they feel this is not their bill they would need to fill out a fraud disclaimer form online at t-mobile.co.uk. Please pursue for the full balance.'


We look forward to hearing from you."


Now my previous correspondence required them to provide proof they I owe this money. Is a quoted text that could potentially of been fabricated acceptable as proof?


And idea how to take the next step?


Many thanks


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ignore the DCA and go straight to T-Mobile with a SAR request send to the address here http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/services/privacy/

This way they'll have to send you all the bills they've issued including those they claim are outstanding.

Once you've got them correspond them with your bank records.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good advice, but for good measure I would send the Account in Dispute letter to CQ which should make them hold fire on collection actvities.



  • Confused 1

Every journey begins with a single step :):)


Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.


If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You


The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA


Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that's always worthwhile doing as well to take care of CQ. You could also ask T-Mobile to contact them to suspend things to add weight to the fact that you're disputing the alleged debt just in case CQ ignore you.

And just in case they start phoning you don't enter into any conversation with them.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Cartaphilus

I'm having similar problems with them myself, but in my case I am going to ignore them. And not just because they have changed their name, either to Everywhere Anytime or whatever it is now aka 'formerly known as T-Mobile'.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...