• Tweets

• My job I've been in for 8 years, my contract is to give a week's notice.   I have 10 days holiday coming up starting next week. If I message the boss 3 days into that holiday and tell him I'm not coming back can it be used as 7 days notice (ie a week). I have a lot of holiday entitlement left this year about 70 hours.   So 2 questions please without judgement just facts:   1. If I phone boss three days into my 10 day holiday next week to formally tell him I'm quitting is that legal? 2. Can they get out of paying me my 70hrs holiday entitlement if I take that route?   (Massive global company not one man and his dog operation, if it affects the advice)  
    • Hi everyone. We purchased a new bed from dreams 26/12/2017 which was delivered 01/02/2018.  We also purchased their delivery, assembly, take the old one away, tv, mattress, mattress protector, pillows and their 'bed cover' 8 years extended warranty.  We paid by 30 monthly interest free instalments and so just made the final payment.   It is a heavy duty king size lift up storage bed with a built in tv at the end.  It has always been a struggle to lift, my wife cannot do it on her own and it rarely stays up by itself.   At the beginning of this year, we noticed it had started to dip considerably in the middle.  Not the mattress, but the wooden base the mattress is on.  So on 09/02/2020 I emailed them about the issue.  They started by saying the mattress is not covered only the base, until I pointed out it is the base at fault not the mattress.  So they sent out Homeserve on the 25/02/2020 to come and repair.  He did what he called a temporary repair, said that the bed had failed due to a manufacturing or design fault (the metal bolts holding the wooden base to the lift up supports have pulled out of the wood) and that dreams would be in touch to arrange a replacement.  His temporary repair barely lasted a day, the bed was still dipping and he took plenty of photos for himself but seemed in a mad rush to leave.   Of course they didn't contact us, so on 30/03/2020 I emailed them back.  01/04/2020 they emailed back confirming in writing that it is a manufacturing fault and their sales team would contact me, however as expected due to Covid-19 this may take a while.   30/06/2020 I asked for an update.  03/07/2020 they replied saying their claims department would contact me within 5 working days.  They didn't. 15/07/2020 I emailed back asking them to escalate my complaint as well as providing a refund and compensation as we are now struggling to sleep and experiencing back ache due to the bed's extreme dipping, plus I am worried about the mattress getting damaged. 23/07/2020 They replied saying we are not entitled to a refund as it is a guarantee claim and they have passed it once again this time to their guarantee company to contact us. I have still not heard back.   This is now getting beyond a joke and I wanted some guidance on how I should proceed.  We are struggling to sleep in the bed and cannot now even open the bed to access our belongings inside as as soon as you try and lift you hear the sound of breaking wood.   Many thanks  
    • bit obv really... don't eat yellow snow either.   dx  
    • I know you are trivialising this as, 'Ambulance Chasing Lawyers', because they are perceived to be involved. You mention BMW (other brands as well). Counterfeit car and truck parts have been implicated, and proven to be the cause, of accidents where fatalities have occurred.   There is some considerable difference between a set of counterfeit brake pads and a fake SD Card.   The trademark infringement though, is the same.   H
    • One hope in this growing mess is that local authorities, mainly in the north west so far, like Liverpool, are developing their own systems to test and trace, filling in the gaps of what Serco et al are missing.   But they're doing it with precious little in the way of funding. In the meantime it looks as if Serco [I think it's them] will be given more hundreds of millions on top of the £100 million that hasn't been effective so far in a couple of weeks. Given that the PM has swanned off to Scotland for a couple of weeks this isn't looking good.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
Simon'sMum

Barclay's Card or Morgan Stanley

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3591 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello everyone, First time posting !

I am currently in the process of trying to remove 2 defaults and a Debt management flag from my Credit file- I have written to Equifax and in my opinion they have been very good- (Had a default placed by Alliance & Leiciester and RBS-Mint removed.)

Any way that's off the point.

On my credit file there is a "debt management flag"- placed by Barcley Card

This has puzzlled me as I've never had a barclay Card.

It's only since reading these threads that I realised I did have a Morgan stanley Credit card and back in 2004/2005 I had to leave a job as it was making me ill and agreed to Morgan stanley to make reduced payments. Once I got another job I then statred making the full payments- The final payment was in late 2007 early 2008.

I have 2 questions.

1. If my credit card was with Morgan Stanley is it right that Barclay card can put this debt management flag on my credit file - I'm assuming that they bought/tookover Morgan Stanley.

2. Is there a template letter or does anyone have any suggestions as to how to word a letter to Barclays asking them why and if they will remove the Debt management flag off my credit file.

Any suggestions ??

Hi Simons Mum and welcome to CAG.

1. Morgan Stanley was, indeed, taken over by BC. You need to check whether the dates are right about when the a/c was in default or in "debt mgt". You should also check the CRA entries accurately reflect that you brought the a/c back into line and paid it off.

2. See here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?243-Challenge-defaults and here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?72-Data-Protection-and-Default-Issues

It may be that the negative markers are accurate if they show that the a/c was in default. The fact that you sorted it will show in your favour but that doesn't mean you can get the markers removed.

Did you get any penalty charges when they a/c was in default. If so, these can be reclaimed in full plus interest. This would also mean any default notice issued that included their unlawful penalty charges was inaccurate and challengeable.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hello Slick132, thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure about any charges as I got rid of most of the papaer work once everything was paid off. But what I dont understand is if my agreement was with Morgan Stanley how and why are Barclays allowed to record this flag. I dont recall ever been asked permission for my info to be used by anyone other than M/S. M/S have never told me that it was been taken over by Barclay Card- I've also notice on my credit file that Santandar have placed a record- and again I've never had any accounts with them.

If I've never agreed for my information to be disclosed is that in breach of the data protection act ??

I followed the standard format of writing to Barclays, Alliance & Leiceister and MINt asking for copies of the default notices, non of them sent any, after waiting, and sending a least 2 more letters to them for 8 weeks with no replies I then contacted the Information Commissioner and the FSO, and Equifax.

Equifax got no reply from A & L or MINT so that's why they've removed as unsubstanciated, but wont remove the Barclays one, but wont say why.

What is the difference between a default and a debt management flag ?

Is there a different way in how I should have been notified ?

When I contacted Morgan Stanley and agreed to pay a lower amount I was never told that this flag would be put on my file- but I think it was all agreed over the phone so how do I prove it ??

Hi Si's Mum,

When BC took over the Morgan Stanley a/c, they acquired the right to use your data.

I followed the standard format of writing to Barclays, Alliance & Leiceister and MINt asking for copies of the default notices, non of them sent any
Did you use a formal SAR to get this data and send them the £10 fee. If so you need to chase this up and get your last 6 years' statements so you can see if there are any charges to reclaim.

If you didn't send a formal SAR, do so now using the template in the Bank Templates Library. Don't delay as you'll lose data beyond 6 years from the date of the SAR.

The difference between a DN and a Debt Mgt marker on your CRA is probably just that a DN is a more serious negative marker. It makes no difference whether you were told a Debt Mgt marker would be placed, if it accurately reflects that the a/c was in arrears.

8-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Slick132,

when did Barclay's take over M & S ?

If they have put this on my credit file should they have written to inform me like they are supposed to do with a default ? Or should they be able to produce something saying that they were going to put the marker on.

Because I've never had anything from them, like I said earlier I didn't know about account with Barclays.

Also I'm realy confused now cos I've just got my credit file from "Callcredit" and according to them Barcleys have not put an end date that my account was settled. But according to Callcredit I owed £7436 in Aug 2006, but since Sept 2006 it says the balance is nil.

Experian say it was settled on 31.10.2008

Equifax's says that on 4/9/2008 i owed nothing to barclays when "insight last updated"

How can I find out exactly when it was paid off and how long will it stay on for ?

Experian report says special instructions started on above 1/4/2005 and ended 1/8/2008.

Sorry so many questions !!

Do I need to write to Barclays asking for a copy of the debt management flag notice ?

I just wrote to all 3 asking for a copy of the default notice, which I never got off anyone.

Mint & A & L have since written grovelling letters saying they are sorry I've had to complain about them to the ICO and they will be in touch in the future when they have carried out further investigations, so I wont hold my breath

Simon's mum

Hi Simon'sMum,

Check on Wikipedia to see when MSDW got taken over by Goldfish, then BC.

If you wrote to BC just asking for some info, they had no obligation to respond. Send a SAR to BC at their Northants address now.

Barclaycard

1234 Pavilion Drive

Northampton

NN4 7SG

This should get you data about DN's, any penalty charges and CRA markers.

Use this thread only to discuss the BC a/c. Start separate threads if you need to discuss the A&L or Mint a/c's further - this will avoid confusion between the different a/c's. :???:

8-)