Moorcroft - Halifax loan & credit card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have been receiving calls and letters from Moorcroft regarding a halifax credit card of just over £4000 and halifax loan of a massive £16,000.

I have come to an agreement with them about the card to give them £10 per month by standing oredr, although I have not made them a payment yet, so they keep hastling me as I want to pay on the 15th of the month which is the most convenient for me and for some strange reason only known to them they want me to pay on the 1st.

Today I have received a letter from them regarding the loan and they surprised me by only requesting £50 a month but for some reason they are demanding the 11th of the month for this one???

I am considering making a counter offer of £40 for the loan account and £10 for the credit card so they will receive £50 per month from me and insist it is on the 15th by standing order.

Is the above adviseable for me to agree to if my financial circumstances allow me too? (they do, I can afford £50 pm) Or should I look at other options, which I do not think there are any as good as this?

I'll post the credit agreement up for the loan on the next post which was sent to me by the previous DCA but I think it is all ok and in order

I think that you have to write and state exactly what you have decided is an affordable payment based on your own assessment of your circumstances. You do not have to provide any supporting info, if they don't like it - offer less.

With a Standing Order you decide the payment date so say that this will be paid on 15th or whatever by SO.

Have you received a valid agreement for the Credit Card and have you checked the 2 accounts for charges, PPI etc?

I don't know enough about credit agreements to comment on your scan. When were these taken out?

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

I think that you have to write and state exactly what you have decided is an affordable payment based on your own assessment of your circumstances. You do not have to provide any supporting info, if they don't like it - offer less.

They are aware of my £ in's and out's as I gave it to them in a phone call, I normally end up losing my temper with them if I speak on the phone but this woman DCA was unusually pleasant and listened to my situation and took that into account rather than being unrealistic and demanding an instant £500 then £400-£1000 per month like most DCA's normally do. Other debt collections should take note that manners, realism and being on planet earth work better than attempted bullying

With a Standing Order you decide the payment date so say that this will be paid on 15th or whatever by SO.

Have you received a valid agreement for the Credit Card and have you checked the 2 accounts for charges, PPI etc?

I don't know enough about credit agreements to comment on your scan. When were these taken out?

15th it is then, I don't know why they were being awkward with this

There are charges on both accounts although I do not have full statements for the number of charges, but there is no PPI on either

Loan was 2008 and the agreement is scanned on previous post, I have not asked for so don't have the agreement for the credit card nor remember the date but would guess at maybe 2006-7

I would still be wary of speaking to them on the phone. It is your right to request a credit agreement for the Credit card and full statements for both accounts.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate