Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3586 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi sequenci

no disputed debts

and let me clarify that these debts are personal and not for my business. Im a director of a dormant company at present.

i run up debts when I took the local borough to a tribunal and they refused benefits etc....all that is settle but Im left about 30K in debt and im trying to start again, which has been quite sucessful, except for the credit rating, and thats what made me think, "hang on, im going to be paying these off forev er and my credit rating will still be rubbish"

Im going to try and get the charges back on my credit cards and a tesco PPI which was sold i feel inappropriately and eventually didnt pay out when I was sick and unable to work! so these will help the balances.

• 4 weeks later...

BUMP!

Hello all

Further to my previous posts i have a further question.

I have just been notified of some priority debts from the council regarding unpaid parking fines. I cant contest as in my ignorance I have committed some of the offences. However this is not my issue

My question is regarding the priority debt. The council want me to pay more than I can afford. If I didnt pay the other debts I could afford it. Can I write to my creditors and inform them that because they are not a priority debt the priority now takes precedence and as soon as that is paid off I will resume payments?

Its taken me three years to sort them out so I am abit annoyed but Im left with little choice. Ive written "begging" letter to the council but dont hold out much hope.

Any thoughts please

its your money, do as as you wish.

take control not let them do it.

i take it you've travelled the CCA route etc?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s -  would collapse overnight.

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs - that's why they will never tell you they are not bailiffs and have absolutely zero legal powers on any debt.

thanks dx

Ive gone down every road I can except bankrupcy and IVA both of which I dont wish to do.

Im guessing that if there is no available money left after the priority debt is paid, the other creditors cant make me pay.

Im annoyed because I had settled everything and they were all happy with the repayment plans. Now the letters will start again. But I cant pay what I havent got can I? and I want to avoid bailiffs for the parking fines.

have you cca'ed everyone that is demanding money from you?

as for the parking fine

thats a diff thing

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s -  would collapse overnight.

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs - that's why they will never tell you they are not bailiffs and have absolutely zero legal powers on any debt.

When you say you can't contest them because you've committed some of them, do you mean admitted some of them. Most appeals against parking fines get them written off - you've nothing to lose by trying!

Hi thanks all

I did that one with two of the fines and they dismissed the appeal. I havent admitted any of them. I figure that it will be less hassle to just pay because then the fine doubles with extra costs etc.

Ive written to Harrow council to ask if they will take mayments direct from my benefits...i know they can only take a small ammount. They previously wanted fifty pounds a month and with my other debts I couldnt do it.

If they insist of fifty again I will have to write to all the creditors and send them the council demand letters explaining that i cant pay them anymore becasue a priority debt has taken their money!

No I havent CCa'ed everyone, i know I owe the money you see so I thought id better make arrangements to repay even if it is at £5 per month.

Incidentally, can I ask a court to change a payment order because I cant afford it ?

I have a judgement with an order to pay monthly but need to lower it....

are there special forms i need to fill in?

thanks

Incidentally, can I ask a court to change a payment order because I cant afford it ?

I have a judgement with an order to pay monthly but need to lower it....

are there special forms i need to fill in?

thanks

n245 variation application:

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n245_0204.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

quick question Im sure one of many!

Do I CCA the DCA or the credit card/store card company themselves or both?

I am concerned now that the tiny ammount Im paying may not be going to the right people

Im going to use this template I hope its right http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter

Sushi

You really should be sending the request to whomever is chasing - DCA or Original Creditor - not both

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

thanks silverfox.

Ive been paying various companies a goodwill monthly payment on my debts and I suddenly realised through this fab site that maybe it wasnt going to the original creditors. Noone is chasing me at present, but I dont see the point paying if its not enforceable.

If I miss one of these monthly payments with the DCA, will that show on my credit file regarding the original debt as a default?

what Im trying to say is that some of these DCA Ive been paying for 2 years and have I extended the 6yr life of the original debt by doing so?

The debt exists as long as there is a debt, be it 6 years or more. Any default on your credit file stays there for 6 years

Unless the debt was Statute Barred before you started paying making payments just restarts the SB clock each time you make a payment

As for markers on your credit file. On my credit file, I ain't paid a bean since 2008 and all it showed was the account in default and now it has completely fell off my file

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE