Jezzaa

Allied Int URGENT help PLEASE !

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3597 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just received a very distressing phone call
link3.gif
from Allied, requested property info, earnings etc Will mark as refused if I dont comply

Are they allowed to request this information without a court order ?

Calling back before 2 need to know my rights asap.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Do not answer their security questions, and just keep repeating to them 'in writing only'.

They are NOT entitled to any of that information, and they can mark it however they want, nothing legal there!!

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Wanted to get the above bit posted for you asap.

They are not allowed to harrass you like this and you can say that you will be reporting them to the various authorities for harrassment if you want.

Quote this:

Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act

“S40 Punishment for unlawful harassment of debtors.

A person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under a contract he- harasses the other with demands for payment which, in respect of their frequency, or the manner or occasion of making any such demand, or of any threat or publicity by which any demand is accompanied, are calculated to subject him or members of his family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation; falsely represents, in relation to the money claimed, that criminal proceedings lie for failure to pay it; falsely represents himself to be authorised in some official capacity to claim or enforce payment; or utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character, or purporting to have some official character which he know it has not.

A person may be guilty of an offence by virtue of sub-section (1) (a) above if he concerts with others in the taking of such actions as is described in that paragraph, notwithstanding that his own course of conduct does not by itself amount to harassment.”

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Just received a very distressing phone call
link3.gif
from Allied, requested property info, earnings etc Will mark as refused if I dont comply

Are they allowed to request this information without a court order ?

Calling back before 2 need to know my rights asap.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated

Thanks

They can not have access to this info - only a court can ask for this info.

If they giving you problems on the phone - and insist on this info send them a telephone harrasment letter.

As harrassed senior says - dont answer their security questions.

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone

feel much less stressed now. Ignoring the phone !! going to write my letter.

Thanks again.

Edited by Jezzaa
spelling mistake

As above, the ideal way to deal with them is to refuse to answer their security questions.

As well as s.40 of the Administration of Justice Act, there's the Protection From Harassment Act 1997, which states:

(1) A person must not pursue a course of conduct-

(a) Which amounts to harassment of another, and

(b) which he knows amounts to harassment of the other.

If you feel you must speak to them, tell them you are recording the call, and that their calls are causing you anxiety and distress, and that if they do not stop calling, and communicate only in writing, you will consider it harassment within the meaning of the Act.