Re: Thomas Cook

Realist

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Booked a 7 night holiday at the end of this month and the dates are the 29th Oct to the 6th November. We (myself and the wife) fly at 18:00hrs and get to Turkey at 12:05am on the 30th now.....

In my mind I've booked a 7 night holiday and & I want but Im only getting 6, why well here goes.

Thomas cook says because we fly on the 29th and land in Turkey on the Saturday morning the 1st days holiday is from the Friday and not Saturday, this means that we only get 6 nights in the hotel and on the last day we are expected to pay the hotel an extra nights stay (Fridat to the early hours of Saturday morning.

As far as Im concerned Im leaving the UK on the Friday, getting to my hotel on the Saturday which is my 1st days holiday so Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri thats 7 nights in my mind.

Thomas cook says its normal practice for late checkouts to pay extra but not me and Im not happy.

What can I do and has anyone else been conned like this?

Regards

You do have 7 nights holiday, the first night of your stay is the night of the 29th October you have to pay for this night otherwise you wouldn't be able to check straight into your hotel room on arrival (as international check in time is 2pm). Your nights at the hotel are 29th, 30th, 31st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and then you will check out in the daytime on the 5th November and fly home (i'm guessing) very early hours of the 6th November so you will probably be about 10 hours without a hotel room. Most hotels will keep your luggage for you so you can have a wander around on the last day but you will have to check out around 12 lunch time. Or you can sometime pay a little extra to keep your room until later in the day, but you have definately got 7 nights in the hotel. Hope this makes you feel not so cheated , have a nice holiday :)

Ummm no we fly at 18:00hrs PM on the 29th November and land at 12:10hrs AM in Turkey time (22:10hrs PM UK time, we then get to the hotel in the early morning of the 30th November which in my mind is then our first nights stay starts.

So its the 30th, 31st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th and thats our last nights stay in the hotel according to Thomas Cook, thats 6 nights not 7.

We would of expected the above dates and should of had the 5th which woulf of been out 7th night stay and leave the hotel in the early hours of the Saturday morning for the flight home.

As it stands we are a night short and are expected to pay for the last night out of our own pocket and I've already paid for it.

Robbing gets and not happy.

PS,

TC are using UK time as the first night stay and thats wrong.

The night of the 29th is your first night not the 30th. You arrive in the early hours of the morning of the night of 29th/30th and therefore that counts as your first night since, as the previous poster has already explained, you will be able to check into your room on arrival.

Nights of 29, 30, 31, 1, 2, 3, 4 = 7 nights.

The time is somewhat immaterial, what counts is the period of the day/night you arrive so TC are correct.

If one follows your logic, then you would not be allowed access to your room at all until the afternoon of the 30th which would then be a 6 night holiday. But that won't be the case.

I know what you both are saying and yes I can see it now but if I walk into that hotel on the 30th which I'am and book 7 nights then my first night would be the 30th not the 29th and then I'll leave on the 6th.

Next!

I know what you both are saying and yes I can see it now but if I walk into that hotel on the 30th which I'am and book 7 nights then my first night would be the 30th not the 29th and then I'll leave on the 6th.

Next!

Not really. If you walked in to that hotel at 00:10 on the morning of the 30th and booked one night do you really think your check out would be noon on the 31st? ie nearly 36 hours? No of course it wouldnt, it would be 12 noon on the 30th.

Next.

Again I know what you mean and TC says "If you are travelling on a night flight and arriving early in the morning your room is booked from Midday from the day you travel so you can enter the room upon arrival. This enables you on arrival to check in straight away rather than wait until 2pm to check in. If you contact the hotel prior to arrival or advise the hotel when you arrive that you would like a late check out room they will try there best for you however this is down to the hotels discretion and you may need to pay for this locally".

So the room is actually booked for 12 noon on the 29th but because its a late flight Im missing 16hrs of a 24hr stay.

So its the actual flight times thats the problem and not the room times.

Owe well and thanks for the info but try and get a upgrade or the room extended for the 8th day at my cost :(

Regards

Next! :lol: