Evasion of Fair

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have today filled in a Statutory Declaration for three separate claims of fair evasion. They were taken to court and I was found guilty in my absence and ordered to pay three fees. For each of these however I received none of the information (ie. the original fine and then latterly the court summons) and have now had my Statutory Declaration accepted.

I was told this means it'll go back to the prosecuting person. So I'm guessing it'll go back to Northern Rail who claim I tried to dodge their fairs

My question is this:

1) Would it be reasonable to contact Northern Rail and ask to settle this without it going back into court?

2) What happens next? I don't remember the fines being issued but don't want to claim in court that I never had them because if I'm found to be lying then it's worse.

Thanks in advance

when you were stopped by rail staff did you give a current address?

Views expressed in this forum by me are my own personal opinion and you take it on face value! I make any comments to the best of my knowledge but you take my advice at your own risk.