aristocracticduchess

Grateful for any suggestions with FirstPlus PPI & Loan

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3580 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all

I'd just like to say hello with my first post, and sorry if it's a bit of a complicated one!

I am currently attempting to claim back PPI on a loan (taken out with my husband) that was originally secured (we unfortunately lost our house since, so this is no longer the case; FirstPlus continue to use repossession as a threat though, despite us informing them and their DCA multiple times by letter).

My brother has helped me by drawing up letters that we have sent to FirstPlus, claiming PPI plus interest.

The amount that we are claiming is larger than that claimed by them, and so we have placed the Account in dispute, and stopped paying until it is resolved.

The problem is, that FirstPlus are claiming that the loan was taken out with a broker company called the Personal Loan Express (we dispute this, as our paperwork does not reference it, and we do not remember ever dealing with them).

The Financial Ombudsman has been unable to help (as the Loan is from 2003, before they took over jurisdiction of these types of cases, apparently), and both they and FirstPlus have suggested that we use the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), as the alleged broker is apparently now in administration.

My brother has already forced FirstPlus' DCA (Red Castle) to hand the loan back to FirstPlus.

FirstPlus are insisting that the issue is not one with them, and are saying that it is Personal Loan Express's issue. Even if this is true, we cannot chase Personal Loan Express directly (as they are allegedly in administration).

Nevertheless, FirstPlus have dismissed the claim, and are continuing to demand payment (claiming that the dispute is not with them).

We are thinking of using the FSCS, but only if they are the right way to go.

Also, how do we stop FirstPlus from ignoring the dispute, and continuing to demand money?

We have all of the original paperwork (to our knowledge).

I would be very grateful if anyone has any insight on how to proceed :???:

Your dispute and therefore claim would be against whoever you were making your monthly repayments to. Does not matter even if they did not actually sell you the loan.

Sounds like Firstplus are trying to fob you off in the vain hope you will believe what they say and give up.

I do not personally have any experience of dealing with the FSCS, but do know other caggers have had dealings with them.

You do of course have the option of going down the small claims court.

DJ

The Personal Loan Express is in default and my understanding is that if you need to claim from them, then your only route is the FSCS.

Call FSCS on 020 7892 7300 (someone should be able to tell you how to claim).

This might be of interest to you and any body else refused by the FOS on grounds of the date. You can check who the company was regulated by at the bottom of any letters you recieved pre 2004

Complaints about members of GISC and MCCB

3.2 This year, the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Transitional Provisions)

(Complaints Relating to General Insurance and Mortgages) Order was made. It

sets out a new way for certain complaints that would previously have fallen under

the Mortgage Code Arbitration Scheme or the Dispute Resolution Facility set up

by GISC to be dealt with from 31 October 2004 (in the case of mortgage activities)

and 14 January 2005 (in the case of insurance mediation activities). It provides for

these complaints to be dealt with by the Financial Ombudsman Service. We have

also made consequential changes to our Handbook to accommodate these new

arrangements in the Complaints Sourcebook (Mortgages and General Insurance

Transitional Complaints) Instrument 2004, which is available at

Sorry needed to get around posting links problem

Complaints about members of GISC and MCCB

is in the FSA handbook for 2004

Sorry I haven't been able to get on to reply, been unable to get on the Internet recently!

dj1971 - thanks, yes I thought so too, but I have had conflicting advice on this one. I'm inclined to go with you, thinking about the FSCS as a backup.

kathy918 - thanks for that, I'll go and have a quick look, will keep you all posted (apologies if I don't reply straight away at the moment) ;-)

your getting the run around!

PPI is First Plus and all they are doing is clouding the waters.

THe simple answer is to ask them direct saying:

ok so you are saying the PPI is not by you, so where, as a portion of my monthly payments to you - are for the PPI - is this money going then?

are you keeping it and not fwding it to Personal Loan Express ltd because they do not exist anymore?

thus my PPI would be useless to claim upon anyhow,

so, please give me my money back & the intererest you have charged on this 'worthless' and 'non-existant' PPI policy.

i might also add that i'm suprised the FOS dumped this.

It matters not upon the date, but solely - where is the money going then?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Exactly, nothing to lose going to the Financial Ombudsman, they will charge £500 for investigating and remember the simple interest will be building by the day at 8%. Which is double some of the best interest accounts are offering at the moment.

Good luck

DJ