?????????????????????cabo t...cabot...cabot???????? ??????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

These CLOWNS have recently came on the scene, over the last 2 weeks I have had 4 calls per day to my home and 3/4 calls to work,

They start their conversation as if they know you..Hello can I speak to Mr W, he is not hear, what time will he be back. I say write to him they say we have?

NO THEY HAVE NOT. I dont know what they want, but the calls are becoming a nuicence, is there a nice letter I can send them?

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

is there a nice letter I can send them?

Mr W

Two letters is the least I've been able to get my views across to the cabot clowns in, "F" and "O".:whoo:

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Good Morning to all

Them CLOWNS have just called again, did not go through security but they mentioned a debt, surely that is wrong.

I wish I lived within distance of them, because I would be given Barry a visit in his lunch 2 hrs.

Mr W

hi Mr Worried what we do is on all the letters that we send out we put on the bottom that all calls to my number are recorded as my right as the bill payer and may be used on youtube or other web based service that i am a member of if you do call then you are agreeing to the publication.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

hi Mr Worried what we do is on all the letters that we send out we put on the bottom that all calls to my number are recorded as my right as the bill payer and may be used on youtube or other web based service that i am a member of if you do call then you are agreeing to the publication.

Altogether meaningless mind...

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Update.

I Sent letter last week re their non stop calls, guess what they have just called my O H at work then also the house phone twice I answered and it was silence, I can handle this situation but my O H cant and she is afraid to pick up the phone as when they as for her she makes excuses, and she works within earshot of her boss.

What else can I do?

Mr W

I would send them a further letter informing them that you're making a complaint to the OFT regarding their (Cabot's) tactics

The oft guidelines /debt collection guidance can be found here

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

Point out to cabot under that under the guidelines section

2.6 a - contacting debtors at unreasonable times and at unreasonable intervals

&

2.6 - i disclosing or threatening to disclose debt details to third parties unless legally entitled to do so (assuming that the debt is in your sole name then contacting your

partner at her place of work is certainly opressive)

make the complaint to the OFT and continue it through, put cabot on notice of your complaint to the OFT and if possible include a reference

number from the oft complaint....

You also need to make a formal complaint about the silent calls to OfCom. Have you got the number of the silent caller (1471) ?

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/contact-us/

https://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/silent-calls

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Having said that and notwithstading Cabot's activities so far you wrote your first post asking for a letter to write on the 7th October, that was last Thursday, they would have gotten the letter say Saturday the 9th of

October and today is only Monday 11th October......give your initial letter time to land eh?

Update.

I Sent letter last week re their non stop calls, guess what they have just called my O H at work then also the house phone twice I answered and it was silence, I can handle this situation but my O H cant and she is afraid to pick up the phone as when they as for her she makes excuses, and she works within earshot of her boss.

What else can I do?

Mr W

Hi Deb

I have taken the timescale into consideration, however the Clowns said they are entitled to do as they please and that their not breaking any guidelines, so allowing time to ' land ' was ruled out at 8.55pm tonight after a call requesting we contact them urgently re buisiness matter. from Mr Anderson.

Mr W

I understand your concerns but 4 days from sending a letter of which two were a Saturday and a Sunday is not sufficient time . Cabot are slimy toads but you should still

be giving your letter a little time. Did you send it recorded? Do you know when they got it etc?

This sounds like you need some of the Cabot Fan Club discipline and exocet treatment. They've just had a bill from my solicitors for over 20k for cocking -up my case so be assured you'll be in good hands.:lol:

Can you give us some background to this debt and a breakdown of events bit by bit.? The key to dealing with cabot is to get them on facts-they haven't a clue how to do this themselves and the devils in the detail. Tell us what the debt is, what documents you received, default notices, letters of assignments, dates of default notices in relation to the assignment, whether you have applied for a SAR and so on, then you can be talked through how to deal with their every move.

Am going to send the letter that I sent last week agian but this time special delivery opposed to recorded, and mail them too.

Why? Waste of time & money. Put your anger to good use & follow Andrew's advice.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Hi Foolish, I am on it, honest.

Mr W

I'm pleased to hear it. everything you need to do against Cabot needs to be calculated and effective, shout at me if you want someone to shout at, then we can get on with the business of getting you out of this.

Write to the OFT to complain about harrassment by these people. cabot just love to know the OFT are breathing down on them or write to your local Trading Standards Office. Take a read of the OFT Guidelines on debt Collection and educate yourself into what they should be doing: http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf then tell the Oft what you think they are not doing as they should. Tell them you have written complaining but it continues, then focus on the nice bits on here....