Tom__

Home Learning College

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3590 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

My girlfriend signed up for a course with the Home Learning College a few months ago.

She paid the initial deposit and recieved the basic course materials.

She decided that the course wasn't for her (She just couldn't get on with it) and spoke to somoeone there on the phone to cancel. However:

1) This was about a week after the 30 day period

2) The call was not recorded and she has no evidence it took place

They are now asking her to pay over £1000 via a debt collection agency.

She hasn't used or received anything else from them or heard from them since her phone call.

Where do we go from here?

Can we just refuse to pay or are we obliged to do anything?

Is it better to ignore the letters from the agency or respond to them?

Thanks for any help!

£1000 is a lot of money for us! I don't know what to do!

Hi and welcome to the CAG, what do the T£C's say regarding cancellation etx, and are there any mitigating circumstance that you could use, ie was it pressure selling, etc etc

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Also who is the DCA? and what exactly have they demanded, I take it your girlfriend signed an agreement etc, if she did and the dca is demanding moneies from you then for starters send them a cca request for the signed agreement, make sure they have a right to demand money

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)