Lloyds won't accept Visa Debit chargeback on alternative goods

kp278

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I ordered some tools from tools4trade.com and they sent me lower quality items (different brand- Sealey v Siegen) to that which I ordered. This was around a month ago. I contacted the trader a couple of times via email and got a response saying the tools I ordered are made by the same company and any confusion I can call that company. I responded saying I would like a refund but no response and now its 30 days since I ordered.

(For comparison, Siegen is the budget brand of Sealey- I ordered a VW, I got a Skoda).

Also their phone number goes to voicemail and the mailbox is full.

I called Lloyds asking about a chargeback but they said it was a grey area as I had actually received something. They also said I would need a paper invoice showing what I had actually received (such an invoice doesn't exist) and a print out of my order showing what I had ordered.

They also said it was my responsibility to return the goods, at which point I stopped believing what they were telling me.

Can anyone tell me if Lloyds/ Visa should be taking up this dispute, or if I have to send letters on the back of the DSR regulations/ 30 day refund to get my money back?

Thanks, Kris