n power problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi im writing for my mil she doesnt have a computer. She moved out of a reted flat 3yrs ago leaving behind a reasonably large debt with npower. She did nothing about this and moved into another house with different supplier. She has since had a couple of letters from a dca (unsure who) about the npower debt. Can someone please tell me whats the best course of action for her please.

In essence are you saying that she acknowledges part of the debt and if so for how much? May be best to contact Npower and try to come to some sort of arrangement to pay off the debt and avoid extra charges being thrown on top. She has no obligation to submit a Income and Expenditure sheet to Npower. I am not sure if they can apply for a warrant to disconnect her present supply as they are not the supplier. Somehow I doubt it.

Hi timmytime,

You need information, send NPower a SAR Request, with £10 postal order, they will send all account details for 6 years plus.

You can see what the correct charges are, what the interest is, what the penalty charges. You can then decide what your willing to

pay and what your disputing. They have 40 days to send the data info.

Quite often the £10 can be saved by writing in and just asking for the information, £10 is a lot of money when you have none, and NPOWER will supply this out of courtesy.

You mention your friend has a lot of other debts; has she looked in to a Debt Relief ORDER, IVA or Bankruptcy? Consumer Credit Counselling Service are fab at helping out when you have difficulties and give some brilliant advice.

With regards to disconnection - NPower cannot disconnect if they do not supply the current property

I have no idea if the final bill is correct, we have no final reading as she left the property and npower fitted a pre payment meter very shortly after. She had no easy access to the meter room bit shared block of flats and all that. She also had no intention of taking a reading. I might get her to ask them for the info first before we pay the £10. She currently has her head in the sand and its proving difficult to get her to realise the mess she is in. Let alone let them know where shes living now, all letters go in bin mostly unopened. Thanks for the suggestion of help for her, going to do it all for her when i find a spade to dig her head out!

More often than not requesting a SAR from a utility company is a waste of money as nottslad has pointed out. A SAR should only be requested if info regaridng conversatisn or letters written is required. It seems that the occupant is not disputing the bill so again a SAR would be a waste of money.

When they changed the meter an end reading would have been taken. The issue here is whether an opening reading was done or was it estimated and whethe she received regular bills. If she did then tghere is a good chance she may be liable for all as the supplier has followed the regulations. Perhaps Nottslad can give us more input on this aspect.