Bryan Carter solicitors

Middla
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

First time I have posted a thread on this great site, and I would be grateful for any advice.

This concerns a debt from April 2007. I purchased a laptop on a finance agreement. I paid the first 2 months installments and since then have not paid a penny.

Now I fully admit I am liable for the debt in question, however I know for a fact the laptop cost £349 and I paid the first 2 months installments bringing the total amount payable down to around £300. Bryan Carter seems to think I owe £678.76!! Where and how does he arrive at this figure? McKenzie Hall were chasing this debt before but I refused to deal with them after they were EXTREMELY rude on the phone, is it possible this has been passed on to Bryan Carter and he has stuck himself a nice little earner on top of the correct sum? Is this legal? and how do I stop it?

Also in the last few weeks been getting cold calls from about 5pm to 8pm most evenings, it is a witheld phone number. I have caller id on my phone so i know who is calling me, if it is a witheld number I always answer the phone and say nothing as a genuine person would say hello and talk to you, but not this cold caller, 5 secs of silence and then the phone hangs up, my suspicions may be running a little wild, but could this cold caller possibly be Mr Carter? has anybody else experienced this?

Report Mackenzie Hall to Alan Stewart at East Ayrshire Trading Standards, it is probably them and not Uncle Bryan (as we like to call him) who is making the calls, also report Mackenzie Hall to the OFT as they are clamping down on companie who do silent phone calls more than once a day.

Silent calls a NO NO!

Cold calls or 'unsolicited' calls at your doorstep, stick up a sign stating "NO COLD CALLERS", If they still knock your door, get their name and company and report them for a hefty fine.

Unsolicited Utility calls on the doorstep have apparently been banned since Jan this year?!?!?! So for all those who have purchased utilities on your doorstep since Jan 2010, if your having problems, it has been made illegal to do so, so that is your complete defence.. :whoo:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Received a reply from Bryan Carter today, they informed me that they will be putting the account on hold until they send through the documentation I requested. Cold calls seem to have stopped now. (For the meantime at least)