CCj if awarded!

bilious
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there bit of a question for you as i'm married and likely to have a couple of ccj's against me soon will my wife suffer from this? as her name is not on any of my debts? and if so is there any way that we can get her untied to me we have separate accounts etc only the mortgage is in our names and we're not behind on that just my cc's etc..

Thanks in advance..

Thanks cerberusalert first bit of hopeful news i've had in a while!!! quite a few people have been giving me advice on my two threads with my cca's some helpful , people have been great but i'm not mentally strong enough to challenge what i personally thought i'd never win (some may disagree but morally i believe i should pay.)probably my undoing but lets hope the courts can be fair (as they are supposed to be lol. we'll see.) but as i said is my wife going to suffer from my ccj's against me if she went to get say finance on new car? she still gets loads of pre-approved stuff which i don't get anymore weird that!!! hope you can shed light on my otherwise dark tunnel at the moment!!!

Thanks in advance..

Edited by bilious

but as i said is my wife going to suffer from my ccj's against me if she went to get say finance on new car
Unless you are financially linked in some way which shows on your credit file a search of your wife's financial status would not show your CCJ, besides it is your debt not hers & she is not legally responsible for your debts.

Just to let you know. I got several CCJs when my business went bust. When I went to court the judge took my husbands earnings into account as well as mine.

My husband has managed to get finance since. His credit record is fine.:-)

Ahhh! Good bit of news for a change, thank you both!!!! i know a lot of people relish the idea of taking on the big-boys in court, but it's not for me can't be living the life of watching the post or the phone calls, will hopefully pay what i can afford (bet my admission papers go missing till after judgment even tho they were sent recorded!!!)then will be asking you for more advice... As i've said would rather pay my monthly whatever and stop them from bothering me or am i being naive here?and try and get on with things!!! Thanks again to you both for some good news for a change...

But it did ask me on the papers only for my expenditure on the reverse and not my wifes or will this come at later date! the other bit that got me was include overtime etc but if you put down what you earn 1 month then no overtime the next you could have a big shortfall there?

Edited by bilious

Put zero down for overtime as it is not regular.

The first time I went to court I only put my earnings down as that is what the form says to do. When the judge asked me what my husband earned I said that I did not know so the judge declared I pay £500 per month!!!!

The next time (CCJ No. 2) I took a list of all the monthly payments we make and both our wage slips and the judge was a bit kinder.

By the time I got to CCJ No. 5 I had discovered that you should also list money for clothes, Christmas savings and money put aside for house repairs, petrol costs.

just got a bit scared there wino 500 pounds i'd be heading straight for the friendly jacket if that happens! what if it does can i appeal that cos i have nowhere near that amount to pay off the two that have claimed against yet alone the other two who at the moment am not behind with, but once i now what my ccj's are going to cost a month then i can give payplan a ring about the other two? Any advice?

Don't worry I just got stitched up as I did not have a clue what was going on. You have CAG to help you:wink:

If you make a list of all your incomings and outgoings including the things suggested above the judge will look at what you have left and make a decision on that. If it is too much then you can appeal.

It is important to make the list. The first time I went to court I did not know the rules and did not put down travelling costs to work. food & clothes, house maitenance etc That is why I got caught out. Mine was a business debt and the company I owed wanted to make me bankrupt the Judge felt I could afford £500 because of my husbands earnings.

The last time I went I had a proper realistic list and the Judge declared that I should pay my creditor £20 per month. The £20 was on my list for playing the lottery. She said that was the only spare money I had.

Not as yet hsbc will have 6yrs off ppi that i was definitely mis-sold but will wait until i see what i have to pay with these two first before i start claiming that lot back

Hi wino! Still awaiting my letters through the post lol, with a certain amount of trepidation i may add! but will make sure i have a full list with "all" our expenses, school dinners petrol housekeeping etc etc cos there isn't much left at the end of the month i can tell you, just hope the judge isn't a proper you know what!!!not tried to get out of paying either of them just that they would not accept what i could offer! especially the world's bank....

Keep in touch!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the second one through the post today, and jaw drops... World bank accepted the payment!!! Thought they were going to be the difficult ones as they have been throughout..So hopefully i stick to these payments and they can go around in circles i presume? although i will still stay on this wonderful site for help and guidance...