Halifax CC late payments - Contacted by Albion DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Hope you can help. I owe £9000.00 on a Halifax CC and have missed the last 3 payments ( £111.00 per month) because Im self employed and havent been getting paid. Ive been away for a couple of weeks and Halifax had left me a couple of messages by phone to get in touch. Last week they apparantley tried to collect the £333 in one dd and it was rejected. Ive today had a letter from Albion Collections demanding payment of the full £9000.00. I had intended to contact Halifax to pay the arrears of £340 odd and carry on as normal. Ive had no written warnings from Halifax,no default notice, just this demand for the full £9k. Ive heard Albion are part of Halifax anyway. Can they really demand full payment like this or is it a scare tactic?

Any ideas?

MakkaPakka

Yes Halifax,Albion,Blair Oliver&Scott all the same,depends how long you have had the CC with Halifax,if prior to April 2007 then send them a CCA,they can demand what they like,your ability to pay is much more important,so yes they are scare tactics..............is there any PPI involved????????????????The first thing you need to do is get rid of the DD,only pay by Standing Order you have control over this method.Do you bank with Halifax???????????????If you are in a position to pay some money send this to Halifax direct with a letter explaining your situation and your offer to continue with the £111 per month or whatever you can afford......................FS