G24 Ltd. Parking Charge Notice

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3705 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I have received one of these for parking at Homebase in Leicester. There are two photos of my car but they could have been taken on any road.

As per other posts I intend to ignore this. I will keep you posted on the number of letters I get. What really annoys me is the DVLA practice to sell our information to anyone.

Has anyone written to DVLA about this? I am thinking of complaining to my MP about this and also to raise this with the AA.

Thanks - Dev

Yes, they have some pictures of your car, but I doubt there is a clear picture of the driver. Even if there was, unless the PPC has a data-base with images of everyone in this country, then they still hasn't a way of identifying the driver.

Regarding the DVLA. Unfortunately, when you sign the car registration document you give permission to the DVLA to give out this information.

Thanks DBC and also they can't actually prove I was in the car park itself as the photo does not show the car park just the road which could be any road. Cheers

DVLA will cite 'reasonable cause'.

Any reason is 'reasonable' to them when it is accompanied by £2.50.

That brings to mind oneof my favourite quotes from the Goon Show. Asked why a doorman had let some unauthorised person into the building, his reply was "he forced his way past me by putting money into my hand"

A mate got one of these the other day. Letterchain is as follows:

1. "PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice"

16 days later:

2. "Notice to Owner/Keeper/Hirer/Driver FINAL REMINDER"

25 days later:

3. "Formal notice of intended court action" from CCS Collect Debt Collectors (just a trading name of G24)

20 days later:

4. "NOTICE OF INTENDED LEGAL ACTION" - no letterhead this time - just an instruction to pay CCS. The layout and design of this one is trying to mimic an official court-type document.

25 days later:

5. "72 HOUR NOTICE OF HOME VISIT" from CCS Collect

Then never heard from them again.