G24 Ltd PCN - sports direct St Helens Still non-enforceable?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have received one of these for parking at Homebase in Leicester. There are two photos of my car but they could have been taken on any road.

As per other posts I intend to ignore this. I will keep you posted on the number of letters I get. What really annoys me is the DVLA practice to sell our information to anyone.

Has anyone written to DVLA about this? I am thinking of complaining to my MP about this and also to raise this with the AA.

Thanks - Dev

Yes, they have some pictures of your car, but I doubt there is a clear picture of the driver. Even if there was, unless the PPC has a data-base with images of everyone in this country, then they still hasn't a way of identifying the driver.

Regarding the DVLA. Unfortunately, when you sign the car registration document you give permission to the DVLA to give out this information.

That brings to mind oneof my favourite quotes from the Goon Show. Asked why a doorman had let some unauthorised person into the building, his reply was "he forced his way past me by putting money into my hand"

A mate got one of these the other day. Letterchain is as follows:

1. "PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice"

16 days later:

2. "Notice to Owner/Keeper/Hirer/Driver FINAL REMINDER"

25 days later:

3. "Formal notice of intended court action" from CCS Collect Debt Collectors (just a trading name of G24)

20 days later:

4. "NOTICE OF INTENDED LEGAL ACTION" - no letterhead this time - just an instruction to pay CCS. The layout and design of this one is trying to mimic an official court-type document.

25 days later:

5. "72 HOUR NOTICE OF HOME VISIT" from CCS Collect

Then never heard from them again.

I also got one of these - have you heard anymore from them? Thanks

Hi, What came off this in the end ? Thanks

Yes the mobile ones certainly are not, nor are the average speed check ones. I always drive well below the limit say around 35 - 40 in a 50mph average speed check as I am always suspicious of the accuracy of these stupid things...I just ignore the idiots breathing down back usually foreign lorries who don't pay any fines here anyway...

You are missing the point and it is very clear! They have no legal right to persue the claim regardless of photogrphic evidence.

I recieved 3 "PCN" notices from this shower from Staples Store and ignored them all. This was almost 2 years ago and I never

recieved a ticket or court summons. I was very anry so decided to look into the company which has one director from Gerards Cross called Adrian King

A very wealthy man who drives a jag limo ( search g24 the sun newspaper) They were or are based above a dry cleaner in beaconsfield in buckinghamshire.

These people are chancers that prey on the vulnerable. They send out say 2000 fines a day and get maybe 20% pay which is a lot of money at £50 a go.

They claim the signs represent a contract but you can say you cant read o you didnt see them. Anyway regardless they mean nothing and the " PCN" is rubbish

Im trying to get their direct phone number so we can call them

If you are driving between 35 - 40 showing on your speedo, you are more likely travelling at around 32 - 37mph as your speedo should be guaranteed to UNDER READ. From a DSA driving test point of view this would be seen as DRIVING FAULT as you are "failing to make progress" (assuming the road conditions are good).

I am not in the least surprised you get "idiots" close behind you and that, sometimes, they are coerst into perhaps carrying out an overtaking manoeuvre that in normal circumstances they wouldn't otherwise have executed to get past the "idiot" in front who is simply driving too slowly.

i Tom,

Yes I agree with you I was talking about the mobile speed cameras (euphemistically called SafeCam - which are again money making machines) operated by the police. This parking [problem] is not the only one I have come across.

I closed my ISP account with Pipex over two years ago and a few months back I got a letter from a debt collecting agency called Fredrickson demanding payment for an unpaid invoice related to Pipex. I also ignored that and have not heard from them since. It transpires Pipex and firms like that "sell" invoices to DCAs like Fredrickson who also prey on people.

Thanks for the reply. Firms like G24 are encouraged by firms like Homebase et al...IMHO we should start boycotting any firm that has this type parking arrangement.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

You may find the following video useful..

.it is part of the Money Program investigation into this mafia industry..

.if you receive a PCN..

.just ignore it all other letters that follow..

.all Private Parking firms are acting illegally..

.when they try and bully you into paying "charges".

The PCN you receive is not a parking ticket which is issued by a authority like the police since you have broken the law...

a PCN is not penalty you have done nothing wrong or broken any laws..

.keep passing this message around..

.post the video everywhere..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIcdi9niHA

This is a widely accepted view on this forum, and anyone seeking advice over a private parking ticket will be advised along these lines.

There is one important point about your post: you need to differentiate sharply between a PCN, which needs to be dealt with, and these private invoices - which are not PCNs and don't need to be (although they make sure the initials spell "PCN" just to make them look official). It is confusing to call a private invoice a PCN.