Welcome Finance - PPI refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi and thanks for taking the time to read this. I could do with some advice. I instructed a company to reclaim ppi insurance from WFS. On Sept 5, I received their final offer of compensation along with their offer to reduce the monthly payment for the lifetime of the loan. I took out the initial loan in 2006 and in 2009 after a battle with them, dealt with their local office who reduced the monthly payment in line with what i can afford. I was also told at that meeting they couldn't sell me any more PPI.

To cut a long story short, I contact WFS after their 10 day deadline (after receiving my signed acceptance confirmatio) to be told that actually I wasn't getting payment in that 10 day window, but would have to wait an additional 21 days whilst they cancelled and rebooked my loan, with payment being a further 10 days from accepting that. I got annoyed and spoke with one of their managers. I told them that as I was in credit (how?) I was going to suspend my DD instruction until this was resolved. She didn't advise against that in fact said she would do the same. I was contacted today by WFS locally who told me I hadn't paid my loan. I patiently explained (with him talking all over me) what the situation was, what I'd done, who I spoke to etc etc. He then started shouting at me that my loan couldn't be rebooked, I didn't have insurance and that he would instruct them to retract the offer as I wasnt entitled to any compensation and i was in arrears to the tune of £327! I'd defaulted on a secured loan and they would take further action against me now. I now don't know what to think and am really concerned! Your comments will all appreciated. Thanks

Irish,

This is obviously some ego inflated rep you spoke to today who most likely doesn't have the power to do anything with your loan.

Remember these people are paid a pittens to get you paying as much as possible.

Personally I would avoid talking to anyone from WFS on the phone. Best to keep all communications in writing, that way things can be tracked and proved.

I also suggest you speak to your local branch manager for an update on when you can expect payment.

Good luck

DJ