Swinton - Advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I setup a policy on the 24th september on a car and paid a £50 deposit, on the 30th my car failed the mot and i got the car collected and scapped on the 2nd october and bought another one when i updated my insurence i had to pay an additional £40.89 deposit again and the insurence will be £68 per month. i found a company who will do the same insurence for £39 per month. i spoke with swinton who told me if i want to cancle i can not get my deposits back but if i cancle will have to pay a for what has been used plus a £50 cancerlation fee. Any ideas ?

That sounds about right to me...they are entitled to charge cancellation and for the period you have already been covered.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

But as you have already changed the policy once, there will of course be an admin charge within this.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

So ultimately you will have paid £140.

This will include:

- Cancellation fee

- Admin fee for change of policy

- Cover for the existing period of time

Bear in mind that cover for a short period of time is not a simple pro rata from a longer period of cover.

Hi

I setup a policy on the 24th september on a car and paid a £50 deposit, on the 30th my car failed the mot and i got the car collected and scapped on the 2nd october and bought another one when i updated my insurence i had to pay an additional £40.89 deposit again and the insurence will be £68 per month. i found a company who will do the same insurence for £39 per month. i spoke with swinton who told me if i want to cancle i can not get my deposits back but if i cancle will have to pay a for what has been used plus a £50 cancerlation fee. Any ideas ?

Why did yo have to pay 2 deposits?? you usally pay deposit then however monthly instalments. Did you setup a new policy for the other car or simply change the detail on the policy?

Are you sure the second payment was a deposit not an admin charge to change policy details?