Parking Charge Notice - Farnborough Station

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Today I have received a lovely Parking Charge Notice from CP Plus Ltd asking me for £80(!)

Now, I am aware that CP Plus are a private firm, and this is simply an invoice (scamvoice!).. but I have an important fact that i don't seem to be able to find an answer to via googling..

They are stinging me for "03 Not displaying a valid pay and display ticket" and on this rare occasion, i did of course, forget to buy a ticket (i usually do it by phone while standing on the platform)

Where do i stand do you guys think? On one hand i am thinking, oh yeah it's a scamvoice don't pay it... but on the other hand i did actually breach the contract between the land owner and myself by not paying for my parking! :(

Thanks guys

Well morally, I am sure, you will feel willing to pay the cost of the ticket that you forgot to purchase, However, you know full well they will not accept jsut teh payment for the ticket and will maintain you owe them 3 zillion pounds like they claim in their scamvoices.

You only have 2 choices really, youeither pay the full cost of the scamvoice they have sent you, or you completely ignore their begging letters.

The choice..... is yours. :)

Edited by crem

heh, well indeed :D

so, in this case it is still safe to ignore the call for payment even though, technically, i think i actually am in breach of contract? :|

just after some clarification on whether i have a leg to stand on really.. after all most threads i am reading are people feeling that they have been unjustly issued a ticket due to parking in the wrong place, or the pay & display slip sliding off the dash etc.. which in their case yes, i would defo just go ahead and ignore..

perhaps i should go check the signs tomorrow to see if southwesttrains have 'authorised' these robbers to enforce non-paying people..? as to me, this seems about the only justifiable reason to issue a parking ticket?

thanks.. still 14 days to decide i guess :)

morally i think i should pay, but it's just extortion isn't it :!:

the bottom line is they dont know if you failed to buy a ticket

only you know that

its an invoice, pure and simple.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...