Amapolalondra

Help finding revenue inspector.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3600 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me.

I had a rather petrifying encounter with a revenue inspector this morning on the northern (at Chalk Farm station). An irate inspector accused me infront of the tube staff and public of stealing someone else's Freedom Pass. Now I havea freedom pass legally for a disability, but not a visible one and so he ignorantly assessed that I obviously shouldn't have have the pass. He then began questioning me infront of work colleagues who were on the tube with me as to what disability I had etc and made a huge show of me not looking like my passport photo. It was highly demoralising and embarrassing, particularly when my work colleagues weren't aware of my disability. I didn't have any ID on me as I can't drive (one of the reasons I have the freedom pass in the first place!) and I didn't have my passport with me- the inspector then became more angry. He said he was just doing his job?! Anyway I forgot to get his name/number to complain, I wish I had. I was told that if I noted down the station and the time of the incident they maybe able to find out who he was, is this true? I can't seem to find the office of the revenue inspectors, is there one? and if so whats the address/number- I keep being given wrong numbers by TFL customer service. I'd like to trace this horrible man. Any help would be amazing...

Thank you.

Hello and Welcome, Amapolalondra.

I'm going to start a new thread for you using your first post, I'll send you a Private Message with the 'link', please check your 'Notifications'.

I've also unapproved your duplicate post.

Regards.

Scott.

• Confused 1

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

It's not really the Inspector's business as to what disability you have, even if he is questioning you, although part of me can maybe understand why he did ask that question. From what I gather from your post, the inspector couldn't read your Freedom Pass clearly? If you remember what the Inspector looked like, and have the exact time and date of the incident, it shouldn't be too hard to find him. Not sure how the complaint would work without a definitive name or number of the RPI though...

I know, I wish I had taken his name. I was just so upset by him a ran out, I didn't want to make anymore a scene about my disability infront of my new work colleagues.

the photo on the pass is really clear, I've had revenue inspectors check my pass three times last month at different stations and each time they didn't have a problem with the photo. The photo is only a year old. So angry about this guy, he was so uneccessarily angry/aggressive and rude, wish I could find out his name...

Hi Ama

Maybe speak to the station manager at Camden, ask him to find out who the Revenue Inspector was, he'll know how to find out.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/contact/4417.aspx