Courier company clamped.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI THERE .. can any one help me i have aquestion

my boyfriend was clamped by this parking control service company this week.

he works for lewis day so it is a comercial car .. there was a double yellow line so he knows he has around 15 min to deliver.. he was in the car had not left the car as he was at the address but no confirmation on the persons name who he had to pick up from .. when he saw a security guard from the buliding he rushed to ask him if it was the address and as he did this a guy who was sitting in a car infront of hin( no markings on the car saying clamping company) put a clamp on my boyfriend says that tehy clamped it and then after gave him the ticket... he said he was a comercial car and should be allowed 20min for loading but they said it was a private road and therefore taht rule didnot apply!!! is this true??? he had to pay the £200 fine on the spot as he had to continue working!!!

while he was there they also clamped a securicur money van .. which then had to call the police as they had money in there!!!

we are not sure if there is any ground of appealing?? the guy who put the clamp literally ran out of the car and put the clamp on .. my boyfriend heard the chains and his dog( who was in teh van barking) and ran accfros the road but the guy said it was to late he had already locked it.... the security man who was talking to my boyfriend said he would serve as a witness and we have his details .. he said this company had been there for 2 days and had clampes soooo many cars!!! ... what can we do ??? can we do anything?? if he was a comercial car ??

i think i will be going back to see the area ,.,. if there are any signs or markings on the road. mean while we have 14 days to appeal so would appreciate your honest opinion if there is any thing we can fight??

thankyou

lili

HI ALL

i have an urgent question.

I work for acurrier company so i have a comercial car, normally we can park for 20min on double yellow .. so i parked on the double yellow to unload a package when suddnely i was clamped and they said that the road was a private road and that was why i was clamped.. they guy first put the clamp on and then issue the ticket ihe said ai had to pay £200 + £5 if i was paying with my card!!! i had to pay as i had to carry on working but my company does not pay me back for any ticket i incure.

please is there any law on commercial cars parking on private double yellow lines?? was i rightfully clamped??

what about the fact that the guy didnt give me a ticket first ,,, he was literally parked infront of me and as soon as he saw me walk to the door of the adress he clamped me all i heard were chains when i turned he said nothjing i can do ive already locked it .. and then he started writing the ticket!!!!

please i need your advise??

i have been told to find out who is the landlord or landowner is but how do i do this??

please help!!!

Hi, LILIANA PATINO.

I have merged both your posts and started a new thread, please continue to post here.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

there was a double yellow line so he knows he has around 15 min to deliver

normally we can park for 20min on double yellow

Neither of these points are relevant, nor are they accurate for "real" DYL's.

The first thing to establish is whether the drivers in either of these situations were informed of, aware of or otherwise agreed to either their vehicles being clamped or running the risk of them being clamped.

If not then issue a letter before the action to both the landowner/tenant and the clamping company and follow up if required with a MCOL claim against both.

• Haha 1

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.