style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, any advice much appreciated.

I have a debt that was subject to a CCJ via LOVETTS some 18 months ago.

I got a N245 redetermination a year ago following a visit from HIGH COURT ENFORCEMENT. I have always refused to pay them directly and continue to pay LOVETTS as stated on the court judgement.

My payments are up to date and in fact I am one payment ahead.

A 'person' from HIGH COURT ENFORCEMENT (Devon) knocked on my door today after walking up and down surveying my property (captured on recorded CCTV) and handed a letter to my wife demanding payment of the outstanding amount (which has been heftily increased) within 5 days or they will institute bancruptcy proceedings.

I telephoned LOVETTS, they have confirmed my payments are up to date and informed me that the 'WARRANT' (no one told me) expired in July and I shouldn't have been visited.

These people infuriate me (he talked to my neighbour before approaching my front door) any advice on how to complain about this?????

If they have we have no knowledge of it. They claimed to have a High Court Writ a year ago but we paid to check this information and there was not one registered. We haven't missed an agreed payment under the redetermination and our creditor is happy????

Hi PT. Thanks for replying.

Lovetts have confirmed that the account is up to date.

They (lovetts) gave up with HCE when we wouldn't send cheques to them.

To be fair the lady at Lovetts has been helpful and has confirmed with HCE that the file is closed. She's going to send us copies of everything so we can confirm it.

The unpleasant person turning up at my door left a letter with HCE heading and a bold underlined header saying TAKE FORMAL NOTICE. It goes on to say huge amount of money payable within 5 days or insolvency proceedings.

Lovetts may have apologised but I don't want this person back on my doorstep.

Should I complain about it if Lovetts are not instructing them in our case????

You could complain to HCE and see what they say - although I wouldn't hold your breath. I admit it is easier to say ignore them than it is to do it. It appears therefore that this may be 1 person working without remit. Must confess I'm a bit stumped.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok thank you for your help.

I'm just so frustrated.

I live in a tiny village and this bloke turns up talking to my neighbours with a jacket with HIGH COURT ENFORCEMENT emblazoned across it. I don't think they should be allowed to get away with it.

Whoops, a jacket advertising his trade? well that is classed as intimidation and harassment, talking to neighbours... what did he ask of them, what did he tell them? has he breached the code of conduct?

If lovetts send you info that clearly shows they called HCE back from the case then you do indeed have grounds to take action against them, if they are acting without authorisation on a writ that expired they have walked themselves straight into the firing line.

WD