Car fire

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place. Any help/ advice or suggestions would be really appreciated.

We have a 58 Mazda 5 through motability which suddenly burst into flames while sitting on our drive, firecrew have said the fire was caused by an electrical fault, the car is presently being repaired through the insurance which is part of my motability, excess has been waived due to it being an electrical fault. Which apart from having serious fears about having any car on my drive again is all well and good.

However surely a 2 year old fully serviced car with just less than 10.000 miles on the clock shouldn't just burst into flames?

Between the fire crew (fantastic as they were) and the fire we need new drive gates, the drive is covered in burnt residue and never ending shards of windscreen, we've been told to claim on our buildings insurance but I don't see why we should have to loose our no claims and pay the excess. Any suggestions or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks