Jump to content

computer fault can i claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

hello i bought a computer from currys just under 2 years ago, last week i had to have the mother board replaced at a cost of 150 pounds, can i reclaim this money under the goods and services act of 1979. cheers and if so how do i go about it thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

its unlikely you will be able to reclaim costs


ussually the way to go about it is to get an engineers report stating its a manufacturing fault, then the retailer is obliged to repair it


now the mainboards been changed your unlikely to get any joy unless its one where there is a known fault

Please note:


  • I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...