Are these PCNS legal - they don't say "date of contravention"

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3637 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Gang

Well I appealed the NTO I eventually received for an alleged parking offense that I was never served the PCN with, in 2007. Appeal was denied by LBH&F Parking services. I did mention that their PCNs were not legally enforceable because the wording was wrong - they said "I am satisfied that the PCNs are correct and are legally enforceable"

However, There are a few old PCNs which I do still have, which were served, and which I paid. My question is, are these PCNs legally enforceable, given that they do not contain the "date of contravention" wording on them at all?

And if not, would I be able to appeal those which I still have in my records here and have paid back in 2007, would I be able to get them refunded?

Here is the front & back image of 1 of them. The VRM and the PCN number have been redacted by me (and the streetname)

thanks for looking

-- Student7

IMG_3868.jpg

IMG_3866.jpg

How much would it cost to challenge and get refunded (ex-post) these PCNs? I paid LBH&F 5 or 6 of them in 2007, half of them at £50 and half at £100, so it's a tidy sum already that they "taxed" me.

I think you'll end up disappointed. You can try, but I really don't think you will get anywhere.

The problem you have, as I see it is this: Your are concerned that the PCNs are not compliant and may therefore not be enforced. Yet you paid them, and there are no longer debts outstanding. Thus, the issue of whether they can be legally enforced is moot. They don't need to enforce them - they are all paid up.

I don't believe (others may know better) that there is ever a right to a refund, in situations where you want the refund in order to contest the charge. If I am correct, it is a non-starter - unless some good samaritan in the Council sympathises with you and decides to throw you a deal out of the kindness of their heart. (Unlikely.)

If you click on the link some text will appear. You can then read said text and gain some information which may be relevant to the OP.

Thanks all for your advice and feedback.

The half-dozen PCNs, which I paid in 2007,

If I'm honest they were all for genuine P&D overstays, hence why I paid them without contest at the time.

I'm concluding that to contest them now on a technicality would be a long-shot, so I'm going to leave it,

since it would probably be risky, costly, time-consuming and may well have no payoff.

But I won't be so quick to pay PCNs in the future, I'll check them first!

Thank you

-- Student-T