Slinky-malinky

Natwest - making demands we simply can not afford as we are oveseas..

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3595 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

This is a bit of a ramble so please bear with me. In 2008 we headed overseas. Hubbys work had dried up and we planned to move back to my home land of NZ for a variety of reasons. However we knew that we had an overdraft and credit card bill and loan to pay off - we thought that hubby could go back and get some contract work to cover this monthly payment. Unfortunatley this never happened and hubby has a good job here (bearing in mind that jobs in NZ are not nearly as well paid as in the UK.)

There have been letters regarding our debt and phone conversations. Basically we have no funds or access to pounds and we are overdrawn and owe in total £22000. We have been passed back and forth around call centers to try and make arrangements to pay this..in all honesty we dont really have the money here to send back either. Thats just the way it is. Our main communication has been with our bank 'manager' who has merely been a messenger. As no money had been put into our bank account for nearly 2 years he advised that we send some over as an 'offering'. We did so.

This is his latest offering regarding a consolidation loan - something we are loathe to:

I have a response back. The call up has been delayed until 25th October. Please can you clarify whether $250 was transferred to equate to the £98 received. Our loan terms only cater for a 10 year term and on the balance of £22500 this is £323 a month. Is this affordable? If this isnt then the likelihood of a loan being agreed is low.

We simply **can not afford** the amount in New Zealand dollars. I am annoyed as we previously sent our nz bank accounts which clearly states that we earn dollars.

Our main concern is that hubby and I own a house in the Uk that his parents live in. The mortgage is with Natwest. They pay the mortgage every month and we are not in arrears. We are concered after reading about charge order that Natwest may be able to do this - make us sell the property as our debt is very high.

Does anyone have any advice? We never meant for it to get this far and here we are. Its been a real struggle the last couple of years and we are not sure where to go from here. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi - me again - wondering if anyone has any advice? Finding this Natwest is hanging over us:-( any advice would be really helpful. thanks