Claiming Health-Related (Stress) Remedy in Employment Tribunal.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have checked around and would like someone to confirm whether I am correct in saying that any stress suffered from being unfairly dismissed can not be claimed at a tribunal hearing.

Yes, her health has suffered and we now have an independent investigation by the Nursing Board's solicitors to counter every charge with a no proof of allegation. I take it that her reactions to the allegations after she was suspended is not the responsibility of the employer. When checking online, stress-related claims normally come where the employee is on-the-job and being victimised in some way.

Can someone please confirm my understandings? My wife wants to get back on her employer for all she has been through, yet I suspect that she can only really claim financial losses and perhaps be reinstated (not that she wants to return to them).

Many thanks!

Regards,

David

Thanks for your reply!

I have been walking through this with my wife this evening. Because she is on a winning case all her (girl)friends have been telling her to "screw (£££s) the bastards".

I will also show her your reply to support what I was tellng her.

Much appreciated.

David

Thanks also for your advice Noebys!

We got the final decision back frm the NMC today that case for my wife to answer.

I guess that for the Employment Tribunal she should be saying that she was looking for work, rather than medically unfit. In reality having to go through the court paperwork and the uncertainty only prolonged her stress elevation.

She went back to work elsewhere 30 weeks after being dismissed from the employer she is talking to the tribunal. I believe 30 weeks happens also to be the maximum claim allowance.

Is it better not to mention her stress as the lead cause of her not taking up work earlier?

Regards,

David

No - she is perfectly entitled to say that she was unable to mitigate losses earlier due to her medical state - although if you introduce it then obviously she will need medical confirmation that she was unfit ot work or to seek work at that time.