BoredO

Gone, but evidently not forgotten, worse luck!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3601 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am having a nightmare with the DVLA.

We have a Sprinter motor caravan whch we brought with us to France on UK plates and kept it taxed and insured in England until such time as it had passed its French safety checks etc, when we re-registered it here.

The officious woman at the French Prefecture insisted on keeping all of the V5 and would not let me take the export slip to send off to the DVLA. I somewhat rashly assumed therefore that the French vehicle authorities would communicate the change of registration to the UK. Que je suis idiote!

There was only just over a month's tax left to run so I did not bother to send it back to the UK for a refund, as I reckoned by the time it got there I would not have been eligible for anything back anyway.

In due course the DVLA sent me a tax disc reminder by post (forwarded on from the UK) and I immediately used the DVLA's online messaging system to tell them that the vehicle had been exported. I have copies of my original text and their acknowledgment.

However, today I received a letter saying I was to be fined, and threatening to prosecute me for non-declaration of SORN!

We have been trying for most of the morning to phone the DVLA but they have put up an effective Chinese wall between them and the public and we cannot get hold of anyone who will deal with this. Some of the numbers you can find on the site (if you look really really hard) are just recorded messages and others don't work at all. Some are just fine collection clerks who say "you'll have to write in".

I am going to send off photocopies to Swansea of the old V5 (which I made before I gave it to the Prefecture) and of the new Carte Grise.

I have emailed the MP in my old constituency to ask if she can help.

Is there anything else I can or should do? Hell, why should I have to do anything?