Metropolitan collection services ltd / hsbc

tee_jay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - I need some guideance with this mob please. I sent MCS a CCA request and then the follow up 'account in dispute' letter. I've now received a letter from them, in response to the original CCA request asking that I resubmit my request wth a 'valid signature'. I know all advice on tis site says not to sign correspondence to such companies.

Where do I stand now though? Should I write back to them or just ignore as the account is now in dispute?

Thanks all,

TJ

You can always counter the copying of your signature on to other documents simply typing a line of x's in a different

font colour ad sign over it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I'm not sure I understand why most of the advice on this site says not to sign letters to DCAs and you seem to be saying sign but disguise/mask my signature? Surely the point of requesting the CCA from MCS is to establish whether they are legally entitled to collect money from me. If they're not, they won't have a copy of my 'valid signature' anyway.

Can anyone else throw some advice my way on this? As far as I can tell - MCS are now in default for failing to provide a true copy of my original agreement. Until they do provide this, I can just ignore their letter?

Thanks for the input so far,

TJ

Dear Sirs,

RE Account NO XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/2009 in which you say that you will not comply with my request dated xxx under s.78(1) of the `Consumer Credit Act 1974 unless I provide you with a signature.

There is no requirement under the Act that require a s.78(1) request to be accompanied by a signature, and I am unable to accede to your request.

Further, I note that you have sent statements and correspondence containing sensitive private information to me at same address as that detailed in my s.78(1) request. If you are concerned that you are corresponding with the correct person I wonder why you have not verified the information before.

As you are aware, disclosing data without adequate checks of identity is contrary to the 7th principal of data protection, listed in schedule 1 of the Data protection Act 1998. The time to confirm my identity was before you sent your first threat letter.

My request for a true copy of my credit agreement under section 78(1) was made on xx/xx/2009 and the 12 working days for your compliance expire on xx/xx/2009. I note that there is no provision that removes the requirements of the act to provide this information on time, even if you are unsure of my identity.

Please now comply with your legal obligation without further delay.

Regards

I'm not sure I understand why most of the advice on this site says not to sign letters to DCAs and you seem to be saying sign but disguise/mask my signature? Surely the point of requesting the CCA from MCS is to establish whether they are legally entitled to collect money from me. If they're not, they won't have a copy of my 'valid signature' anyway.

TJ

Not the only example on this forum:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?249811-Signature-Tampering&p=3039591&viewfull=1#post3039591

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

It is not unknown for signatures to be lifted from documents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: