Whose car is it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I worked for a company for 3.5 years; I had use of the same vehicle (Audi A6 Allroad) for the whole time for both work and social use. When I got it had done £225K miles on a W plate, it now has £329K and the book value (What car on line valuation) is £235. Further to that the turbo died after I had left the company when I started it up to move it on the drive, this is approx £500 for the parts. I left in May being owed 1.5 months salary, I have won employment tribunal and been awarded outstanding money with deadline to pay early November. In June I sent/received e-mails with my former employer regarding company property to be returned (laptop, phone, printer and car), they threatened to pursue me for theft if not returned to their office 120 miles away. My last e-mail to them on 15th June asked them to contact me to arrange collection, I have heard nothing since.

Can I claim the car as mine in lieu of money owed? Although it has high miles and needs a turbo it still has a value to me as a vehicle to use (no job, no car.....) or repair and sell or break for spares. I have checked the abandon car guidelines but at best the council will take it away and I will get nothing, except my drive space back! I have the V5 form when I took the car to France on Hilday.

There are 2 other transits left nearby, both now out of tax/MOT, can I claim them? How do I claim them?

• 3 weeks later...