• Tweets

• And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court. 
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021.   npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279.   The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills.   I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this.   EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.    I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.   
    • Thank you guys! @lookinforinfo thank you for the case, it seem to similar with my case which is gold. @Nicky Boy shouldn't be ICO?   Personal data breaches: a guide ICO.ORG.UK   For CAG I found this  The Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG) is an independent body which provides expert advice on the use of confidential patient information. This includes providing advice to us, the Health Research Authority (HRA) for research uses. It also provides advice to the Secretary of State for Health for non-research uses.
    • HB - yes I agree it is about their paperwork and advice.  I need to be clear in my head what my complaint is.  And what a result looks like for me? (They should never have placed me with the shark with whom I've had all sorts of issues - but I don't think that's my complaint focus -v-  broker) 
    • HB - all sorts of issues have been in court; the main one re repo remains in court, no resolution.  They all stem really from bad advice by broker.  Indeed, but if the Ombudsman is prepared to accept the complaint, it would be about the advice given by the broker and their paperwork, wouldn't it? You seem to be asserting that the problems you've had stem from their bad advice. HB
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Turnbull Rutherford and SRA complaints

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Made an initial complaint to the SRA. they phoned me and asked for further details and gave me the correct e-mail addy to reply to :

[email protected]

If you have a valid complaint and can document it, then everyone who can complain should do so without delay. I have told the SRA that they will, in due course be receiving daily complaints about our friends fairly soon.

I therefore urge anyone who has a problem with TR, get your complaint off now to the SRA.

At very least we need to create enough noise to enable the SRA to suspend TR's right to use the solicitors umbrella OFT licence. Without this they will not lawfully be able to carry out the regulated activity of debt collection.

Reading between the lines whilst speaking to them, I get the feeling that they already have a significant number of complaints already.

If you want action, then help yourself, get writing now !!!!!!!!!!

Everything I come accross of significance Im sending them daily. they'll soon get the message.

After reading the Silverpoint posts, I cannnot believe how stupid Alice can be for not smokescreening this activity. Is it stupidity or are they having a game with us all, or do they just not give a f*** ??? The net is closing on you Alice, faster than you may think, our secret weapon is about to be launched - aimed at you fella !!! My advice to you Alice - get yourself an Equity Card - you'll be needing it !!!!

Edited by loanbuster

I was sent a set of 'personal information' through the post by HFO. One report was a credit report on the company I work for. By obtaining this, the recipient broke the terms and conditions of the provider as they did not have any claim against the company and did not seek the company's permission to carry out the credit check.

When I spoke to the provider they could not identity HFO as a customer BUT there is a small section in the report that says 'direction from' and gives the post code of the recipient. This was - you have guest it, Turnbull Rutherford who were a customer. The provider suspended their account and wrote to them but no more was heard. I have emails confirming this.

I can report this episode if you feel it is worth it. I have reported it to everyone else.

TR seem to have associated themselves too closely with HFO's antics for their own good and have brought down the professional standards of a 'law firm' if they ever were one. I know who to contact if I ever need anyone to handle a dodgy legal matter.

Edited by coledog

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Anything which is in slightest dishonest, deceitful, underhand, unprofessional.

The entire exercise must not only to prove anything which is outright illegal, but also anything which will provide a general form of discreditation without being considered slanderous or libelous. It is illustrating the mindset and lengths that they will go to.

Anything which is in slightest dishonest, deceitful, underhand, unprofessional

This is the perfect defnition of a 'Turnbull Rutherford'.8-)

donate

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071026100300AANuJfG

Came accross this on yahoo answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

HFO SERVICES are a very poorly run debt purchasing business based in Wimbledon. The Managing Director is Kevin Harper, an odious man who it seems has upset a whole lot more people than just yourself. Try having a look at the Consumer Action Group's website for a whole host of complaints about HFO and their solicitors, Turnbull Rutherford (which is run by Alasdair Turnbull). Their approach to debt is 'pay up or get paid', they actively chase homeowners and offer them remortgages, which is an illegal practice.

IF YOU ARE BEING CHASED BY HFO - IGNORE THEM!

They are witless and toothless, speak to your solicitor and if they keep calling report them to the Police for Criminal Harrassment.

Source(s):

I used to work for them in 2006.

• 3 years ago

I was sent a set of 'personal information' through the post by HFO. One report was a credit report on the company I work for. By obtaining this, the recipient broke the terms and conditions of the provider as they did not have any claim against the company and did not seek the company's permission to carry out the credit check.

When I spoke to the provider they could not identity HFO as a customer BUT there is a small section in the report that says 'direction from' and gives the post code of the recipient. This was - you have guest it, Turnbull Rutherford who were a customer. The provider suspended their account and wrote to them but no more was heard. I have emails confirming this.

I can report this episode if you feel it is worth it. I have reported it to everyone else.

TR seem to have associated themselves too closely with HFO's antics for their own good and have brought down the professional standards of a 'law firm' if they ever were one. I know who to contact if I ever need anyone to handle a dodgy legal matter.

Turnbull Rutherford does not merely ‘associate’ itself with HFO Services. Apologies to those who’ve seen all this before, but here’s the proof, attached – according to the OFT’s CCA register, Turnbull Rutherford actually RUNS HFO Services. They are one and the same. This fact is crucial to any complaint – occasionally, TR say they don’t know what HFO have done, but this cannot possibly be an excuse.

HFO Licence Details.jpg

Keep writing to the SRA, send them everything which is relevant, they will soon get fed up, and will acknowledge that a real problem exists. I have sent them 14 e-mails containing very valid info during the last 3 days. Keep at them, wear them down, its the only way of making your voice heard. They must understand that consumers are not just going to go away, and these scams needs exposing. Same with the OFT, keep hitting them with info, they may get repeats, but its the volume that they will have to take notice of. I think its time for a bit of media involvement very soon. Have written long letters to Daily Mail, BBC etc all with very valid supporting documentation. See solicitors from hell site, someone has posted on there, and is also a link to a Beeb request for info for a new programme they are making. Perhaps they may well consider this mob. If the info is true and factual in all respects, then it can't be libelous, so use it

Remember - keep hitting these organsiations with info !!

• 10 months later...

How about this:

I have proof that Turnbull Rutherford used deception to get a Charging Order through the Court.

You know how you have to send your N9A form to the other party and expect them to send it to the Court? Well that's what I did, but they didn't send it to the Court, thus giving the impression that I was not mounting a defence and therefore the Court found judgment against me by default, and in absentia. (Wasn't even my local court). In a subsequent telephone conversation with TR it was admitted that they had witheld the N9A in so many words, as I "should have sent it Special Delivery, shouldn't you".

Upon this CO obtained by deception they got an Interim Charging Order.

Then upon the Interim Charging Order the got the Final Charging Order.

But that's not all....

To make things even more difficult for me they actually MADE UP another case based on the same alleged debt. Again, I have full Court papers to prove that this occurred. It was thrown out by my local Court on the grounds that it was bogus (the DJ was not amused for having his time wasted!).

I just got a nasty letter from them saying that they had the Final Charging Order on my home and that their clients HFO Services (er, that's themselves, of course) reserved the right to take "further enforcement" if I didn't pay them the £4,000 they now demanded from a debt which they had admitted 2 years ago no longer exists, and for which they paid about £200.

And the OFT is just thinking about revoking their licence?

!!!???

Edited by enterprise_seo

How about this:

I have proof that Turnbull Rutherford used deception to get a Charging Order through the Court.

You know how you have to send your N9A form to the other party and expect them to send it to the Court? Well that's what I did, but they didn't send it to the Court, thus giving the impression that I was not mounting a defence and therefore the Court found judgment against me by default, and in absentia. (Wasn't even my local court). In a subsequent telephone conversation with TR it was admitted that they had witheld the N9A in so many words, as I "should have sent it Special Delivery, shouldn't you".

Upon this CO obtained by deception they got an Interim Charging Order.

Then upon the Interim Charging Order the got the Final Charging Order.

But that's not all....

To make things even more difficult for me they actually MADE UP another case based on the same alleged debt. Again, I have full Court papers to prove that this occurred. It was thrown out by my local Court on the grounds that it was bogus (the DJ was not amused for having his time wasted!).

I just got a nasty letter from them saying that they had the Final Charging Order on my home and that their clients HFO Services (er, that's themselves, of course) reserved the right to take "further enforcement" if I didn't pay them the £4,000 they now demanded from a debt which they had admitted 2 years ago no longer exists, and for which they paid about £200.

And the OFT is just thinking about revoking their licence?

!!!???

Have you reported this to OFT? For the attention of James Waldron.

donate

HFO Services had a CO on my property, I had this set aside as the account was actually sold to one of the HFO Capitals, they were given the opportunity to carry on with the claim, they chose to discontinue, was your CO, Services or Capital and was this correct company?

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

It was HFO Services. There was no confusion between which of their companies owned or bought the debt, as far as I'm aware. But that's not where they fall down, in my case. Where they fall down is that the original judgment was obtained by deception, because they did not send my N9A form to the Court. Therefore the Court thought that I was not mounting any kind of defence or engaging in any kind of dialogue, and so found in their favour. The judgment was given them in default. I didn't even know about it.

I wonder if anyone else has found that their N9A form has been strangely witheld, or that a court has found against them by default?

Edited by enterprise_seo

The Notes For Defendant clearly state: "complete form N9A and send it to the claimant at the address given for payment on the claim form, within 14 days”, so I did.

I was just doing what I was meant to do.

But in the light of what happened subsequently this procedure may change completely. It seems that we now live in an age where lawyers cannot be trusted to abide by the rules. Unlike the humble defendant, in this case, who followed the rules to the letter (didn't get me very far, did it? In fact it nearly cost me my home. I'll know not be so naive as to trust a lawyer in future.)

Edited by enterprise_seo

I always take the line when dealing with 'legal' stuff to copy in ALL parties, including if you get a letter from the 'solicitors for rent' to send a copy to the courts for your file.... (without telling the solicitors company). That way you are covered for THEIR misdoings.

Guest suziedarkness

I have just been reading this thread with great interest. Am I right now in thinking that TR and HFO are the same people? Two weeks I received a letter from TR stating that I needed to pay the judgement registered against me in 2008. I nearly had a heart attack as I knew absolutely nothing about it. TR said they were working on behalf of the claimant ....... HFO of course. I feel really stupid that I never twigged they were one and the same. I feel even more stupid a very hacked off that these lowlifes have got one over on me. I have done a bit of digging and the original debt stemmed from a credit card for about £400. The debr now is over £3,000 due to all the interest they have added. I have taked forms to the court today to get it set aside, i so hope i can then I can fight back with all guns blazing!! does this warant a complaint?

Hi Suzie

Have you started your own thread on this? We may be able to help. You will need to give reasons for not receiving any notification of the Claim and show that you have grounds for a defence. HFO is indeed run by one Alistair 'Alice' Turnbull of TR.

donate

The Notes For Defendant clearly state: "complete form N9A and send it to the claimant at the address given for payment on the claim form, within 14 days”, so I did.

I was just doing what I was meant to do.

But in the light of what happened subsequently this procedure may change completely. It seems that we now live in an age where lawyers cannot be trusted to abide by the rules. Unlike the humble defendant, in this case, who followed the rules to the letter (didn't get me very far, did it? In fact it nearly cost me my home. I'll know not be so naive as to trust a lawyer in future.)

As you must have accepted all of the claim your are correct to send to the claimant, if you had not admitted part or all of the claim you then send form N9B to the court.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Yes, Turnbull Rutherfors and HFO Services are the same people. The principal director/partner of both is given as Alasdair Turnbull. Actually there is more than one HFO company as well.

There is not only HFO Services Ltd (company reg. no. 05120067) but also HFO Capital Ltd (registered in the Republic of Ireland, company reg. no. 446327) and a previous, now lapsed, company also called HFO Capital, which was registered in the Cayman Islands (company reg. no. MC138277). There are no fewer than seven different addresses for HFO Services/Turnbull Rutherford listed in the register.

Your debt of £400 now stands at £3,000. Similarly, mine nows stands at slightly over £4,000, due to the (rather inflated and punitive, I would think, but then I'll let the Court decide) 12% being added to the debt which has since been written off by the original lender (so the original debt no longer exists anyway - all TR/HFO hold is an empty title bolstered up by COs obtained by deception).

The good poiint about copying to all parties - actually the MOJ is one place I haven't copied to, so I'll get one off to them today.

Yes, Turnbull Rutherfors and HFO Services are the same people. The principal director/partner of both is given as Alasdair Turnbull. Actually there is more than one HFO company as well.

There is not only HFO Services Ltd (company reg. no. 05120067) but also HFO Capital Ltd (registered in the Republic of Ireland, company reg. no. 446327) and a previous, now lapsed, company also called HFO Capital, which was registered in the Cayman Islands (company reg. no. MC138277). There are no fewer than seven different addresses for HFO Services/Turnbull Rutherford listed in the register.

Your debt of £400 now stands at £3,000. Similarly, mine nows stands at slightly over £4,000, due to the (rather inflated and punitive, I would think, but then I'll let the Court decide) 12% being added to the debt which has since been written off by the original lender (so the original debt no longer exists anyway - all TR/HFO hold is an empty title bolstered up by COs obtained by deception).

The good poiint about copying to all parties - actually the MOJ is one place I haven't copied to, so I'll get one off to them today.

and Roxburghe..............