• Tweets

• I've looked through all our old NPE threads, and as far as we know they have never had the bottle to do court. There are no guarantees of course, but when it comes to put or shut up they definitely tend towards shut up. How about something like -   Dear Jonathan and Julie, Re: PCN no.XXXXX cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea that you actually expected me to take this tripe seriously and cough up. I'll write to you not some uninterested third party, thanks all the same, because you have are the ones trying to threaten me about this non-existent "debt". Go and look up Jopson v Homeguard Services Ltd, saddos.  Oh, while you're at it, go and look up your Subject Access Request obligations - we all know how you ballsed that up way back in January to March. Dear, dear, dear - you couldn't resist adding your £70 Unicorn Food Tax, you greedy gets.  Judges don't like these made-up charges, do they? You can either drop this foolishness now or get a hell of a hammering in court.  Both are fine with me.  Summer is coming up and I would love a holiday at your expense after claiming an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g). I look forward to your deafening silence.   That should show them you're not afraid of them and draw their attention to their having legal problems of their own with the SAR.  If they have any sense they'll crawl back under their stone and leave you in peace.  Over the next couple of days invest in a 2nd class stamp (all they are worth) and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
    • In anticipation of lodging my court claim next Weds 1 May (14 days after advising P2G that was my deadline for them to settle my claim) I have completed my first draft POC as below: Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant has failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing a 8 secondhand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80 I look forward to your thoughts and comments guys! As ever, many thanks - G59    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

HFC / Restons - Claim Form received - Help Please Newbie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, I am being chassed for a loan that was taken out by HFC bank approx 6 years ago. I have sinced had court papers issued to me.

I am not sure what to do however I have submitted a deffence asking for copies of the origonal documents to be sent to me with my signiture on.

Is there anyone who can help me get the ball rolling. I am happy to scan the papers if needed.

Once again thanks for all your help.

P.S A Default notice was put on my credit file some time ago.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

type in restons in our search top right and do some reading.

there are plenty of threads about hfc/restons.

give us more history please & confirm the papers were sent to the correct address to you.

you need to findout when your last financial transaction was in/out

that will determine the SB date - 6yrs from then.

restons don't usually get that wrong, but are known to make heeps of other mistakes.

also investigate reclaiming the PPI [that i bet you have as HFC fleeced all their customers by forcing that on them]

and look at any unlawful charges.

can you also let us know 'what' the original account was with HFC

dx

siteteam

Edited by dx100uk
more

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Certainly as I am new to all this, what should my 1st step be. As this was 2005 I dont have any of the paperwork as I moved house since and its got lost somewhere in moviging.

What I need if possible is a starting point on information gathering so I can make sure I supply you with as much info as poss.

The origonal account was a personal loan taken out in 2005.

I did make a few small payments of £5 earlier this year as HFC where calling my house several times a day.

The papers did come to the correct address. I only paid the £5 because they where asking very personal questions about my now current girlfreind and started to get very annoying. My debt problems occured way before I knew my current girlfreind and I did not want to geopardise my relationship.

type in restons in our search top right and do some reading.

there are plenty of threads about hfc/restons.

give us more history please & confirm the papers were sent to the correct address to you.

you need to findout when your last financial transaction was in/out

that will determine the SB date - 6yrs from then.

restons don't usually get that wrong, but are known to make heeps of other mistakes.

also investigate reclaiming the PPI [that i bet you have as HFC fleeced all their customers by forcing that on them]

and look at any unlawful charges.

can you also let us know 'what' the original account was with HFC

dx

siteteam

you are under NO legal obligation to talk to anyone regarding your financial matters on the phone

demand comms in writing only on put the phone down

that goes for any debts fullstop!

as for the bit about girlfriends....thats OTT too!!

now

can i recommend that, as you have started the ball rolling and obv might end up in court

read the threads relating to hfc/restons

that will be by far the best method for you to know what to do.

then post here and we can advise if your going the right way

you've got a good few weeks, so time to digest things

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have to be honest a lot of it didnt make any scense to me as I have been trying to digest it. I am assuming through my reading my next step should be to request all the information HFC have on me. I have found a template but it only asks for the agreement, I think in this case its best to get everything do you have a link to the correct letter I should send out.

think i might have miss read your post

i though you had court paper [claim] from them?

is all you have just a phishing letter then?

dx

and they

No I have a Northampton Court Papers with a claim number.

I used there website to say I was disputing the claim, and I put on the notes I was looking into getting some more information from the lender such as an agreement before I can proceed to make a judgement on the case.

Basically I am totally lost and maybe I am getting confused. The only thing I have recieved is court papers and a phone call from restons (Demanding to know my GF sallary etc etc)

I have no idea what I am supposed to do, or how to go about it. I dont understand CDA and CCA or the terms that are being used. I have tried to read everything but none of it makes scense to me.

THank you VERY! much for your patience tho

think i might have miss read your post

i though you had court paper [claim] from them?

is all you have just a phishing letter then?

dx

slightly changed thread title.

others will be around soon.

can you outline 'how' you sent your 'defence' reply in & how you requested the CCA & what else you put.

you poss need to CPR them

not my game

dx

and they

What I did was logged into Courts website using the password I was given on the claim forms, and I siad I was disputing the claim. In the box where it says enter a deffence I put I am requesting the agreement with my signiture on showing the amounts etc. I did this only because I have not had any official statement or record of my account and how they have progressed over the last 5 years. I have no idea how to obtain this information or if I have made a totall mistake doign that however I thought it best I didnt just ignore it and I showed at least I am thinking about it and doing something about it.

I heard you say there is a possability I had PPI insurance on it. This could well be the case but without any documents I am unsure.

slightly changed thread title.

others will be around soon.

can you outline 'how' you sent your 'defence' reply in & how you requested the CCA & what else you put.

you poss need to CRP them

not my game

dx

What I think you need to now is send a subject access request letter to HFC (along with £10 postal order). This could take some time as they will request allsorts of information before they send this out. Once you have all your info you will know if PPI has been charged and if you have any other charges against you.

Also, send this letter to pestons, there is no charge for this information from them.

" CPR 31.14 Request

On 24 December 2009 I received the Claim Form in this case issued by you out of the Northampton County Court.

I confirm having returned my acknowledgement of service to the court in which I indicate my intention to contest all of your claim.

Please treat this letter as my request made under CPR 31.14 for the disclosure and the production of a verified and legible copy of [each of the following / the] document(s) mentioned in your Particulars of Claim:

1. The agreement. You will appreciate that in an ordinary case and by reason of the provisions of CPR PD 16 para 7.3, where a claim is based upon a written agreement, a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be attached to or served with the particulars of claim and the original(s) should be available at the hearing. Further, that any general conditions incorporated in the contract should also be attached.

2. The assignment*

3. The default notice*

4. The termination notice*

You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter. Your CPR 31 duties extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for the originals of the documents I have requested, the better for you to be able to verify the document's authenticity and to provide me with a legible copy. Further, where I have requested a copy of a document, the original of which is now in the possession of another person, you will have a right to possession of that document if you have mentioned it in your case. You must take immediate steps to recover and preserve it for the purpose of this case.

Where I have mentioned a document and there is in your possession more than one version of that same document owing to a modification, obliteration or other marking or feature, each version will be a separate document and you must provide a copy of each version of it to me. Your obligations extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for any version(s) to include an obligation to recover and preserve such version(s) which are now in the possession of a third party.

In accordance with CPR 31.15© I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.

If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing. You must tell me before the time for compliance with this request has expired. In telling me you require more time you must tell me what steps you have taken and propose to take in order to comply with this request and also state a date by when you will comply with this request. In addition your statement must be accompanied with a statement that you agree to an extension of the time for me to file my defence. Your extension of time must be not less than 14 days from the date when you say you will have complied with my request and you must state the new date for filing my defence.

If you are unable to comply with this request and believe that you will never be able to comply with this request you must tell me in writing.

Please note that if you should fail to comply with this request, fail to request more time or fail to agree to an extension of time for the filing of my defence, I will make an application to the court for an order that the proceedings be struck out or stayed for non-compliance and a summary costs order.

I do hope this will not be necessary and look forward to hearing from you."

I have been dealing with both of these for about a year now and it has been a frustrating road. I am halfway along dealing with ppi/charges with hfc so its getting there.

Thanks a million for that, VERY usefull I am printing it off as we speak and will send to both HFC and Restons tommorow morning by recorded delivery.

What I think you need to now is send a subject access request letter to HFC (along with £10 postal order). This could take some time as they will request allsorts of information before they send this out. Once you have all your info you will know if PPI has been charged and if you have any other charges against you.

Also, send this letter to pestons, there is no charge for this information from them.

" CPR 31.14 Request

On 24 December 2009 I received the Claim Form in this case issued by you out of the Northampton County Court.

I confirm having returned my acknowledgement of service to the court in which I indicate my intention to contest all of your claim.

Please treat this letter as my request made under CPR 31.14 for the disclosure and the production of a verified and legible copy of [each of the following / the] document(s) mentioned in your Particulars of Claim:

1. The agreement. You will appreciate that in an ordinary case and by reason of the provisions of CPR PD 16 para 7.3, where a claim is based upon a written agreement, a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be attached to or served with the particulars of claim and the original(s) should be available at the hearing. Further, that any general conditions incorporated in the contract should also be attached.

2. The assignment*

3. The default notice*

4. The termination notice*

You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are copied to and received by me within 7 days of receiving this letter. Your CPR 31 duties extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for the originals of the documents I have requested, the better for you to be able to verify the document's authenticity and to provide me with a legible copy. Further, where I have requested a copy of a document, the original of which is now in the possession of another person, you will have a right to possession of that document if you have mentioned it in your case. You must take immediate steps to recover and preserve it for the purpose of this case.

Where I have mentioned a document and there is in your possession more than one version of that same document owing to a modification, obliteration or other marking or feature, each version will be a separate document and you must provide a copy of each version of it to me. Your obligations extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for any version(s) to include an obligation to recover and preserve such version(s) which are now in the possession of a third party.

In accordance with CPR 31.15© I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.

If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing. You must tell me before the time for compliance with this request has expired. In telling me you require more time you must tell me what steps you have taken and propose to take in order to comply with this request and also state a date by when you will comply with this request. In addition your statement must be accompanied with a statement that you agree to an extension of the time for me to file my defence. Your extension of time must be not less than 14 days from the date when you say you will have complied with my request and you must state the new date for filing my defence.

If you are unable to comply with this request and believe that you will never be able to comply with this request you must tell me in writing.

Please note that if you should fail to comply with this request, fail to request more time or fail to agree to an extension of time for the filing of my defence, I will make an application to the court for an order that the proceedings be struck out or stayed for non-compliance and a summary costs order.

I do hope this will not be necessary and look forward to hearing from you."

I have been dealing with both of these for about a year now and it has been a frustrating road. I am halfway along dealing with ppi/charges with hfc so its getting there.

When you receive a summons Minty the process is you have 33 days in total to complete the process.5 deemed serves that leaves 28 so 14 to Acknowledge Admit defend etc you then have a further 14 days to submit your defence after you have prepared.You shouldn't really have entered your defence yet until you had sought the above requests ie CPR or SAR CCA etc..You may have to amend your defence subject to the responses you receive.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

You dont happen to know the address of HFC where I need to send this to so I know it goes to right place

Thanks a million for that, VERY usefull I am printing it off as we speak and will send to both HFC and Restons tommorow morning by recorded delivery.

I had no idea, what should I do? Log back onto the courts website and alter my defence part. Its all confusing to me.

When you receive a summons Minty the process is you have 33 days in total to complete the process.5 deemed serves that leaves 28 so 14 to Acknowledge Admit defend etc you then have a further 14 days to submit your defence after you have prepared.You shouldn't really have entered your defence yet until you had sought the above requests ie CPR or SAR CCA etc..You may have to amend your defence subject to the responses you receive.

Regards

Andy

Ok well you can try to log back in but i imagine that the defence has now gone and that potion closed but you can check.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I entered the wrong information on that website as well - at the same time I was requesting the info from hfc and restons and kept hitting brick walls.

I told the judge I had entered the wrong defence (as I didnt have a clue myself) and that both hfc and restons should have supplied me with the info i requested but havent. Its going back to court next month and in the meantime I still have to contact hfc regarding charges/ppi etc.

Minty if you care to type out the claimants PoC Particulars of Claim verbatim less any identifiable details and ball park fig they are claiming

So I should get paper work shortly then saying its been transfered to my local court and I will have to attend. Im sure Judges realise we mortals dont know our way around the system. I will send that other stuff off recorded delivery first thing in the morning.

I am unable now to log onto that site again so yes looks like its been closed.

I entered the wrong information on that website as well - at the same time I was requesting the info from hfc and restons and kept hitting brick walls.

I told the judge I had entered the wrong defence (as I didnt have a clue myself) and that both hfc and restons should have supplied me with the info i requested but havent. Its going back to court next month and in the meantime I still have to contact hfc regarding charges/ppi etc.

Certainly this is what it says.

The Claiment claims payment of overdue ballance due from the defendant under a contract dated on or about 06/07/2005 in the sum of 15245.80

A/C no xxxxxxxx917

Date 29/07/2010 Default Ballance 15245

Post Refrl Nil

Total 15245.80

Thats all thats on that section.

Now I know I didnt borrow that amount so there is obviously interest, charges , etc etc been added onto it.

Minty if you care to type out the claimants PoC Particulars of Claim verbatim less any identifiable details and ball park fig they are claiming

Ok so definatly Fast track case and CPR (Civil Procedure Rules ) apply however CPR 31.14 only refers to documents mentioned in Statement of Case Witness Statements and Affidavits so they will simply reply the request is not applicable.I would advocate sending the CPR 18 instead as this is more open and does not refer to the Claimants PoC.

Ok can you point me in the direction of where I can get this template from so I can get that done straight away ready to be sent recorded delivery tommorow morning.

Reading between the lines is what they have put on the claim mean there on slightly shakey ground.

Ok so definatly Fast track case and CPR (Civil Procedure Rules ) apply however CPR 31.14 only refers to documents mentioned in Statement of Case Witness Statements and Affidavits so they will simply reply the request is not applicable.I would advocate sending the CPR 18 instead as this is more open and does not refer to the Claimants PoC.

CLAIM NUMBER: *******

In the XXXXXXX county courtlink3.gif

Between:

[HFC

link3.gif]

Claimant

-And-

Defendant

REQUEST FOR INFORMATION AND

CLARIFICATION UNDER CPR part 18link3.gif.1 & Pre Action Conduct PD SEC III/ PD IV

_________________________ ___

DATE OF SERVICE: [date sent]

To enable me to file a fully particularised defence and counter-claim, I require specific information regarding the accounts cited in the Claimant's Particulars of Claim to be provided forthwith. The information must be furnished by the XX XXX XXXX ( Allow10 days }, which gives you seven working days to provide what has been requested. If you fail to comply, this will be reported to the Court, and an order enforcing your compliance will be applied for forthwith.

1. In respect of my alleged indebtedness to the Claimant please provide:

a) True copies of the original signed agreements between myself and MNBA, as referred to in paragraphs X ) and X) of the particulars of claim.

b) All documents relating to any insurance added to the accounts, including the insurance contract and terms and conditionslink3.gif, date it was added and deleted (if applicable).

c) A true copy of any Default Notice/s issued in respect of these accounts, as referred to paragraph X) of the particulars of claim; (If refered if not remove)

2. I believe my alleged indebtedness to the Claimant to be comprised by Unfair Charges which amount to contractual penalties contrary to common law and statute. Therefore, in order that I may prepare and file a fully particularised counterclaim to the Claimant's action, please provide:

a) Full terms and conditionslink3.gif and charges tariffs relating to each account, from the date when the accounts were opened and including any revisions or amendments to the present day.

b) A full and comprehensive statement history for the account, providing each and every statement sheet from the time the accounts were opened until the present day.

c) Specific details of all fees/charges levied by MBNA in respect of these accounts and a detailed Breakdownlink3.gif of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

d) Where there has been any event in my accounts' history which has required manual intervention by any member of MNBA, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my accounts held with MNBA. If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

PD Disclosure

Documents provided by one party to another in the course of complying with this Practice Direction or any relevant pre-action protocol must not be used for any purpose other than resolving the matter, unless the disclosing party agrees in writing.

Just Restons will Suffice