how do i buy a house ?

jack1966
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok, i dont have the money or anything but how would i go about buying my house? ive been a council tenant for 25 years, living in the same house all this time. apparantly where i live these houses (when times were a bit better these houses were selling for £120,000.).

anyway it was a council house but my area was taken over by a massive housing association, so i live in a housing association house now, :roll:, same home to me

i once asked how much my home would have cost me if i'd bought it all those years ago, i was told £17,000, but most people didnt buy then.

thankyou

It'll depend on whether the Housing Association are prepared to sell. If they are you'll or course need to find the asking price.

It may also be worthwhile enquiring about shared ownership which means that you'll own a percentage and they'll own the rest.

You could even be cheeky and ask if some of your rental payment could be taken into consideration.

Once you know this see a mortgage lender to see how much you're able to borrow. Bear in mind that pretty all high street lenders will now require at least a 10% deposit if not more.