racerboy

PPI Claim - Question about Employment Status at time of taking loan

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3342 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some advice on this - I took a secured loan in 2006 with First Plus, at the time I was self employed and was for a period of three to four years after the loan was started. I didn't realise the situation with regard to PPI specifically the exclusions around self employment status. The loan is still trundling along now and I would like to know if anyone believes this would substantiate a PPI claim against FP, for the reason above - I dont ever recall being asked around employment status at the time. Any thoughts around this very welcome.

Hi Racerboy,

In my opinion, that in itself would surely be grounds for a mis sold claim.

DJ

Thanks - I've got several that fall into this category.

2006 loan

the ppi should have a statement of means done at point of sale to see if the ppi was sutable at time of sale

ask for a copy of this statement of means

its a legal requirement

def missold

claim it back with contractual interest

Does it make any difference if i am now employed (and not self employed as I was at the time of the loan being set-up) ?

No difference what so ever.

Get reclaiming.

DJ

Do you think the recent announcement regarding Judicial Review will delay claims for a long period. Mine are now in and the clock is ticking, but it looks ominous.

Quite possibly Racerboy.

However as the banks have been ordered to process claims as usual, if after 8 weeks you have not had a response you can go straight to the financial Ombudsman Service, as per usual.

So in effect shouldn't really effect the process in reality.

DJ