• Tweets

• For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture] (must be received within 14 days from the Incident)   please answer the following questions.   1 Date of the infringement 17th, 18th and 22nd September     2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 24th, 24th and 28th September 2020   [scan up BOTHSIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide]   3 Date received 26th September (for the ones dated as the 24th) 30th September OR 1st October, i'm unsure as I was not present at home from the evening of the 29th until the evening of 1st October (for the one on the 28th)   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Yes, on all of them   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? They have captured two photos of the event for each date clearly showing my registration. The surroundings however are not present as the photos have been taken at very late hours.   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up ^^^ N/A ^^^   7 Who is the parking company? Minster Baywatch   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Cotswold, Lakeside Car Park, GL7 5LU   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. There is a BPA logo present at the bottom of each letter
    • Apologies for the delay it took a while to cut and also get to size,     claimants_WS.pdf
    • The complexity of exporting to European markets mean firms may have no option but to set up an EU presence. View the full article
    • Selling refurbished electronics is a fast-growing business where customers can make big savings. View the full article
  • Our picks

• Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks
    • Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults – and which sometimes had government recall notices. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427369-ahmed-alwaheebs-firms-sold-cars-riddled-with-faults-%E2%80%93-and-which-sometimes-had-government-recall-notices/&do=findComment&comment=5071860
      • 3 replies
    • @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 8 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies

This is the sort of thing the Government should crack down on ...

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3649 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Sounds just like my ex. The CSA have been trying to get him to up his payments for some time now, but he seems to have managed to convince them he is on minimum wage due to a similar sort of arrangement - so I get less than £100 per month. Hmm, a plumber earning minimum wage - highly doubtful in my book.

He, meanwhile, runs two vehicles, is always in new clothes, always goes out, has holidays abroad and no mortgage left to pay.

£70 a week? Mine works out at less than £20 and there is nothing the CSA will do, despite knowing exactly how much money is going into his bank account, as he is claiming virtually all of the money is going on business "expenses". I, meanwhile, have not been able to work for the last few years due to our child's disabilities and cannot claim JSA etc. as my husband earns too much.

Hardly seems fair, does it?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

It's not fair at all Tiglet. It's not very honourable either on his part. What sort of man would not want to provide properly for his kids? The CSA has been an unmitigated disaster for too many people.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I was quite happy to be the family man and provide for my ex and my son 16 years ago. She then decided that I wasn't good enough for her and went with someone else. She also decided to move away so I couldn't see my son. She then decided to report me to the CSA who wanted my boss to give them £350 per week out of my wages (I only picked up £189 after tax). I then had to leave my job as the CSA wouldn't back down. I have had to leave 2 other jobs since, and cannot take a job on unless it pays sufficient amount for me to feed my family now. CSA is one big cock up, and I for one would like to blow the place up. The Government don't seem to care about it either.

What about all the absent fathers that had kids before the CSA was formed? Where's their payments?????

I have a really deep hatred for the CSA and I don't particularly like anyone who reports men to them. It's a joke, and so are they. People survived just fine before Slaggy Maggie invented the cretinous institution. Until they assess people right and take the right amount, they need to stop. I have a savings account (which my son or his mum know nothing about) in his name for when he turns 18, but the CSA can go and whistle. I will kill myself before I start giving them two thirds of my take home pay.:mad2:.

I wouldn't mind so much, but when they were taking money from me, it wasn't even going to my son because his mum was claiming benefits. It's only this year that the CSA have decided to pay mums that are on benefits. Before that, they kept it all themselves.

CSA=Complete ****** A***holes.

IMHO

Edited by SOD'EM

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I quite agree SOD'EM!

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Precisely. The CSA seems to get it wrong every time. It either wants too much, doesn't want enough or doesn't collect at all. I'm not speaking from personal experience here but it is quite obvious to all that this institution simply doesn't work.

I know someone that worked there, and they say that the Government has just brushed them to one side and let them get on with it. Because the mothers now get the money if they are on benefits and the Government doesn't keep it, they don't want to know. It would be a different story if the Government kept it.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

It does seem that they fail to get it right for either side in so many cases.

TBH, I think it would have been so much better to have left the courts to decide it.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I agree, whilst I don't have any kids I've seen enough evidence on both sides to know it is very one sided, was only set up to get people off benefits, well living off an ex IS living on income obtained by dubious means (in some cases).

Take the case of an ex of mine, his wife decided to take up with somebody else and had three more kids in five years (she is now 52 with three under tens...) as well as the two kids she had from my ex, she demanded £100 a week EACH for the elder kids so they could live on their own... needless to say a report went into social workers and her little ruse was found out.

Apparently now she is living somewere in the west country, having hit lucky with a house transfer, and is a lot happier as the kids are now going to a school where they have 'after school classes' where they can stay til 6pm...

Having worked in the DSS just after the CSA came into being, I can't honestly paint a good picture. It was initially seen as a great move forward but after a few months of reality became a bit of an embarrassment and a paperwork headache.

There was a bloke on the news the other day that was claiming Disability Living Allowance for a bad back but they had footage of him as a children's entertainer and a gym coach.

The thing that puzzles me is why there's no crackdown on people claiming 'ordinary' benefits such as Jobseekers Allowance.