supergirl79

Getting charged bills while on pre-payment

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3595 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, I have pre-payment meters for both my gas and electric Iam currently paying off a debt through these. The thing is everytime I get sent a statement/bill it says eg: £250 recieved thanks, then goes on to state that this amount has been added back to bill (charging the amount I have paid back to my bill) - so they are adding on what Iam paying through my meter if that makes sense?. So should I just send a SAR from the date I joined? thanks all :roll:

It may be their bills that are unclear; it usually works in the sense that a set amount is taken each week towards your outstanding balance and your ongoing consumption is on a pay-as-you-go basis, and as such you would typically have used say £200 energy and £50 paid towards the debt.

I would ask them for some clarity prior to asking for an SAR which would cost you £10