angelic80

Tv license summons after false statement from license officer

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3581 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Please help, i have today recieved a summons for not having a tv license. it is true i do not have 1 at the moment but i also have a cut aerial from my roof to the front of the house so cannot use freeview boxes. i have no virgin or sky subscription (untill my installation date 03/10/10). included in the summons is a "witness statement" from the visiting officer. he proceeds to state i gave him my name and told him i was using a colour tv to recieve live broadcasts, as i dont have the facility to do this i certainly would not say i had. now i dont know what to do about it. obviously he noted i did not sign a caution, but he never gave me a caution. he was rude and aggressive at the time of the visit. i was dealing with my children and a friends kids also. when he came to the door i asked if i was obligated to speak with him at that point, he replied "yes". my response was that he was a liar (there is nothing to state you are obligated to speak with them) and i had to deal with a number of children and did not have a tv aerial anyway. i then closed the door and awaited a letter or further visit(hoping it would be a more convenient time). he also states that i refused him entry to inspect my equipment, he didnt even ask to come in!!!! is there anyway to beat these liars who are cheating money out of people??

It might help if you could post up the summons, taking out any personal details before doing so..

I made a telephone call to the court and stated the problems with the statement given by the tv licensing officer, suddenly they dropprd the whole case, lol

Are you sure? It is not up to the court to frop anything. It would have to be the TVLRO that abandoned it.