Telephone recording devices

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I highly recommend purchasing "TrueCall" and the additional memory card that will allow you to record.

Helped me a few times now AND it'll help stop unwanted calls coming in as well :)

The whole package for the device and recording card comes in at around £80-90 from Amazon.

I havnt had any of those annoying calls for some time since buying truecall, not even from the persistant gent from india. I also think that the dca companies know when they hear press such and such for family or if call expected, that, the call is likely to involve true call and be recorded xxx

Got mine from Johnlewis for 70.00 in their sale and then bought the largest memory card and ordered it and received it the following day. I hummed and harred a while about it due to cost, but boy I now am pleased I have. Less stress :)

The other good thing is that it records EVERY conversation, but if you just hang up it'll delete them.

What that means is that if, mid call, something happens and you need the call recorded, you hit the record button and it saves the call from the beginning, not from when you press the button.

Can be VERY useful if a company starts making a load of promises down the phone :wink:

I highly recommend purchasing "TrueCall" and the additional memory card that will allow you to record.

Helped me a few times now AND it'll help stop unwanted calls coming in as well :)

The whole package for the device and recording card comes in at around £80-90 from Amazon.

The TrueCall unit is remarakably good and I recommend it too. It has very many good points although it is not without its niggles (such as poor indexing of saved phone calls, not 100% firm contacts on memory card, cryptic LED display, £15 annual charge for its rather nice Internet Control Centre after 1st year, audio recording quality could be improved, it's set to dial up TrueCall when first installed "for the time and date", the comprehensive manuals are - well - too comprehensive to be easy to use, no display or keypad on main unit, etc).

In my view TrueCall is a better product that Comvurgent's "Secure Digital Call Recorder" which is available from places like Maplins for about twice the price of TrueCall. The Comvurgent recorder is also a quality product and has some nice features but it has some worrying flaws (such as limited duration of call recording resulting in no recording at all if exceeded, limited functions on the PC software provided, etc).

Note that the Comvurgent recorder is not designed to intercept calls in the way TrueCall is.

My Turn

Edited by My Turn

What that means is that if, mid call, something happens and you need the call recorded, you hit the record button and it saves the call from the beginning, not from when you press the button.

TrueCall can be set to record every call or just the ones you select.

If you set it to record just selected calls then be aware of what happens if you use the TrueCall unit on an extension (in other words your phone is NOT plugged into the back of the TrueCall unit). In such a setup, the other party will hear a loud chime tone when you press the button to record the call. Of course, you can say something like "That was my phone's battery warning". However I'm not persuaded that explanation is very convincing if the same caller keeps hearing you say that in each conversation!

My Turn

Edited by My Turn