locked out of business premises 4 trying to fix the appearance to my shop

Sparti
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I own my own takeaway shop. I had to finish the rest of the floor in the shop and put a new layer of resin onto the floor so its not as slipper it was dangerous . I moved out all my equipment to get it ready for the tradies to come through. I m in front with my rent all my bills are paid. i just found out through the other tenants in the complex that the realestate entered my premises got my alarm cut off and changed the locks on me and they didnt even call me to ask what was going on. are they allowed to just enter my premises like that with out any cause and is that illegal please help its a saturday i just found out and i cant get in contact with anyone

possibly, it depends on the terms of your lease. Many leases will have a provision that allows the landlord access in an emergency.

If the aim was just to throw you out then I'm not so sure they can, but I'm not too hot on commercial property stuff.

Assuming you are in Eng and Wales (and real estate is a correct term even if not that widely used), although to some extent the landlord's rights do depend on the lease itself, if you are up to date with your rent the landlord cannot forfeit the lease without first serving notice and giving you the opportunity to remedy whatever breach he is complaining of. You need to get in touch with the agent ASAP and find out what is going on. Go round to their offices if they do not answer the phone. Unless they return the keys immediately then you need legal advice pronto as any delay in taking action may well prejudice your position.

• 1 year later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks