Lombard Direct PPI Reclaim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

delaying tactics?

what is this in responce too? the CCA request that they have already said they dont have an agreement for?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX

I sent them a request to Arden credit management for a copy of my credit agreement with a cheque for £1.00 (My signature was on this) they did not respond even though i have proof of delivery i then waited 12+2 days and had no reply i then sent them a Account in dispute letter and now they have sent this letter asking for signed consent to retrieve this document. This loan was taken out in 1995 i have been paying it on a debt management program for about 10 years so owe about £4000 however they have never sent me a statement of account in all that time.

urm..

sounds like you have been fleeced for years here.

they have not been legally obliged to send a statement of A/C until a change in the ruling in jan this year.

i would now stop payment all payments. they have failed the CCA request and you have done the producer fail/ a/c in dispute letter, so you are covered,.

now, you need to get ahold of all the statements & the agreement, lets see what is actually going on.

now i'm a tad confused here WHO is the OC?

lombard

HSBC

or ???

you need to SAR the oc now.

unless you have a copy of the original agreement & the statements upon what you HAVE actually paid all these years.

not got PPI & charges on it have you too?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DX,

Sorry i think i woffled a bit in my last reply, firstly yes it is with Lombard however Arden financial management took over the debt some 3 months ago until i started sending in the letters requesting the credit agreements then they just handed it back to Lombard.

The debt was in 1995 when i had a mucky divorce and burried my head in the sand for 10 or so years paying minemal amount through Gregory Penington debt management.

I think there is PPI and probably interest however i do not have any paperwork to back this up!! You say now is a good time to send a SAR.

The loan was for 13000 (balance owing £4000)

Pleaeeeese help, i am not trying to pull a fast one however i am older and wiser now and stronger and refuse to be kicked anymore.

Thanks once again for your continued advice

oh it obv you're not pulling the wool.

i think its the other way.

even at £13k i would of expected that to be claered years ago.

and sdaly, some of those names you have mentioned, top the list of illegal fleecers with unlawful charges and interest scams when they had no right to do so...been there done that.

ok next step is to SAR the OC [lombard]

they do not need a sig to fwd your details to you, quick to ask for payment though every month at the same I'd i bet!!

there is a dont need a sig letter somewhere.

i'd expect you are going to get a bit of a windfall here esp IF you have PPI and various spurious charges levied on you over the years.

might even clear the debt, might also give you something in your pocket too.

dx

and they

Received response from Lombard Direct after i sent a SAR which was a acknowledgement of receipt of the SAR letter however they require my signature even though i sent them one of the tamperproof copies of my signature on the bottom of the SAR. Please help with advice

Dear Sirs,

i refer to your letter of XXXXXXX in which you confirm that you are not sufficiently satisfied as to my identity to be able to send personal and financial information to me at this address unless i provide you with a signaturelink3.giflink3.gif.

I have complied with your request and you will note that i have crossed my signaturelink8.gif as an anit-tamper measure.

Until receipt of your letter in which you clearly raise concerns as to whether you are in communication with the correct person I have never been asked to supply a signaturelink8.gif and yet your company has on a regular basis and over a great number of months (years) been sending personal and highly sensitive financial information to me at this address

Clearly , since you now admit that this was done without satisfactory proof of identity - then your letter is a clear admission to serious breaches of the Data Protection act

By copy of this letter I now make a formal complaint to the OFT and ask them to investigate your actions as soon as possible

I have been advised that there may be an alternative reason for your insistence on a signaturelink8.gif, that being that you are perfectly well aware of my identity but are deliberately seeking to put obstacles in the way of my obtaining information rightly due to me under the Data Protection Act.

In either event it is right that the OFT should know of your actions. No doubt you need to admit to one or the other

yours sincerely

or

Signature demands -- fight back possible ! ?

or

http://www.consumerforums.com/resour...o-no-signature-

adapt all as required

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

:-x

I received a Subject Access Request pack in the post today, the agreement seems genuine signed by me on the 12/12/1996 for a loan of £6000 + £1781.68 Repayment protection premium and £3501.92 interest over 60 months. Had a mucky divorce and paid smaller amount through Gregory Pennington up till now however i have the chance to Pay a Full and Final Settlement of no more than 30-35% of the outstanding amount of £4334.39

Firstly how do i know if the Payment Protection Insurance is legal?

They have supplied a transcript and i notice that they have the wrong address in the year 2008 does this have any bearing or am i clutching at straws!!!

I would be prepared to scan and Post the agreement for anyone who has a minute to browse and give me advice. I will say that i have never been served a default notice although they say in the transcript that default notices

The Lenders name is Lombard Direct

They have instructed Arden Credit Management to collect

I have no spare cash just a gift from my Dad if they accept an offer.

PLEEEEZE HELP

Firstly how do i know if the Payment Protection Insurance is legal?
You can reclaim it check the PPI forum Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) - The Consumer Forums

If you scan the agreement and post it up after removing identifiers we'll check it out for you.

I'm moving your thread to general debt for the time being. :)

I'm afraid the CCA looks enforceable, it contains all the prescribed terms. However you should be able to reclaim the PPI.

In order not to 'rock the boat' I would suggest that you accept the settlement that they have offered, but make sure it is writing that it is a full and final payment and preferably the removal of any default on your credit file. When that's sorted you can then reclaim your PPI, technically it is totally seperate to your agreement.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, they have not offered me a settlement figure just the full outstanding amount, they are using a company called Arden Credit Management who have sent me a Income & Expenditure sheet to fill in to probably try and sort out a repayment plan which is not going to happen!! I have no spare cash however my Dad has offered to lend me the money to clear the debt as long as they reduce it and it is a full & Final Settlement. On what grounds do you think my PPI is refundable.

Regards

As always thank you for your valueable support!! I have spoken to Arden Financial (Withheld my number) and suggested they remove the PPI and give me a Full & Final Settlement figure. They said they would require a reason for refunding the PPI? What reason do i have? Missold the Policy?

But how was i missold the policy it was in 1996!