style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I need advice please, i hear stories of people being advised an iva is for them (but they then find out there was an easier option), however i know this is the only option for myself. as a single mother of two amazing children, and working full time to provide for them, my debts since seperating from my estranged selfish ex husband who won't get a job to pay a penny towards me! (even though it is for my children).

Any way enough of my social life. i have recently found a company that seems extremely legitimate it is called McCambridge Duffy having been an independent company for (as i am to believe) over 80 years. all i am asking is for anyone to come forward who has had any bad experiences with this company. Afterall i have had 100% genuine treatment with a lovely lady named Olivia who works for this company. I just want to make sure i wont sign into something that will pretty much kill everything i have worked for! Or am working towards

My mum, had a bad experience with a company called debt free direct, where she paid them over £4000 but not one penny went to the creditors. I need to make sure this doesn't happen to me.

Any feedback would be extremely grateful.

Many Thanks

Emma x

x

Hi Emma, soz for late reply but have just stumbled on your thread. We had dealings with this company a few years ago DUE to debt free direct ironically - It was them that we contacted originally, who after discussing our situation then put us in touch with Mc & Duffy. At first they seemed really professional & ideal but actually then we realised that we would be having to make quite a large payment to them out of what was available for our iva so it didn't happen. We ended up contacting a free service called DAWN (who were a bit like a cab) who helped us liase with our creditors and arrange reduced payments etc on our behalf. They were really good. Looking back - possibly we should have continued with the iva - we could have maybe been cleared by now? Or maybe even we should have thrown the towel in there and then and gone bankrupt? Who knows - For us personally, debt free direct and Mc & D, were a bad experience & actually set us back a good 6 months if not longer in regards to sorting things with our creditors, but they may have improved since we were in touch with them (2005) - Can't tell you whether to take this route or not but hope this info might have helped. Best wishes, Mpols x

'Confidence grows & heartbeat slows to a steady stronger beat, as each member unites, against DCA fights & we all sail aboard the CAG fleet!' :rolleyes:

:pKeep smiling peeps!