Hillesden/DLC Offer refused

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just received a letter from the above basically saying they have removed my telephone number from their records (as I stated that Id already reported them about harrassing phonecalls - likely story).

Anyway.. Im still waiting for the deed of assignment and also awaiting a response to my reconstituted agreement argument. However I had also offered a full and final settlement of £500, which they have refused, but have made a counter offer of £1800 or thereabouts.(still not sure if the account is enforcable or not but expect not)

I had implicitly asked for any counter offer from them to state in writing, the following.

1. That upon any offer being agreed, this would be seen as full and final settlement and that my account would be marked as such with all credit reference agencies (IGNORED)

2. That upon any offer being agreed, that they would not attempt to sell on any remainder to another DCA (IGNORED)

3. That upon any offer being agreed, that any default logged by them against me would be removed (not likely to happen, but IGNORED)

So basically they have looked at my offer, arent happy with it and basically picked a figure they will accept, but without any of my terms being met regarding settlement, selling on etc.

Any ideas on next course of action? Should I up the offer? Reply back asking again for my terms to be put in writing?

Not sure what to do next. Any advice appreciated

Up the offer!:nono:

Write back and offer them £400 in F&F payment subject to them removing all adverse data from your CRF and marking your CRF as satisfied/settled, and that they will not sell the remainder of the alleged debt to another DCA, IN WRITING!.

Everytime they refuse your offer reduce it further, by £50 a time or £100. Have they even provided you with concrete proof that this alleged debt is even enforceable?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Up the offer!:nono:

Write back and offer them £400 in F&F payment subject to them removing all adverse data from your CRF and marking your CRF as satisfied/settled, and that they will not sell the remainder of the alleged debt to another DCA, IN WRITING!.

Everytime they refuse your offer reduce it further, by £50 a time or £100. Have they even provided you with concrete proof that this alleged debt is even enforceable?

As far as enforcability is concerned, Im still not sure (posted the bits and pieces up here and had nobody manage to determine whether it is or isnt... looks more reconstituted than anything else).

Ive sent two letters now basically stating the above, that I want it in writing regarding CRF and not selling it on etc, and they ignored that.

So you say a reduced offer is the way to go? Cant see them doing anything, if they refused the first offer, let alone a lower one

Then they get nothing, it's up to you how you deal with their refusal of your offer, personally, if they refused £500, then I would offer them £400, and drop it each time the refused it, if it ever got to court, you will be able to produce to the Judge your offers of payment, they would then have to explain why they had refused them, we all know it's because they ARE GREEDY.:hungry:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Make the offer, make it final and state if not accepted then you'd like to go to paying £1 per month instead.

Having said that, in the absence of any signed agreement /assignment why are you offering them anything at all? Surely you want to know that A/ the debt is altogether enforceable and B/ that they have the rights to collect the debt?

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.