APEX Credit Mngt Returned My Cheque!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys

This is laughable but wondered if anyone had some advice.

I had a letter from my old bank (Shatwest) saying that i hadnt paid off my overdraft before i closed my account, I didnt contest it, i was aware there was a figure to pay.

They sent me out a form to complete with the usual statement of affairs etc, the figure was 145 quid, I offered wem pro rata £20 a month, Sent off first payment and told em i was very sorry i would pay it off asap.

Couple of weeks later i gets a letter demanding a different amount (155) from me regarding my natwest overdraft. No letter from shatwest, account numbers were slightly different on both letters.

I wrote to shatwest requesting a reponse from my previous offer to them and why they had not made me aware of the situation being passed to a debt collector...

They sent me back a stock response, telling me that my debt was no longer in there hands and any correspondance was to be between myselves and Apex.

So, I sent another offer letter to Apex, asked for the ammounts and account number to be ammended as per shatwest's figures and to get back to me.

I get a letter back from Apex refusing to accept my terms, Asked me to call them to discuss it.

Now i know not to engage these blood suckers on the phone so i sent them another letter, Pointing out the OFT guidelines on harrasing debtors and requesting unreasonably large instalments asking them to reconsider my ofer and this time including a cheque for £30. ( so ive now offered to pay off around a third of the debt in about 2 months between shatwest and apex)

I get a letter today from my current bank, Inside it says we enclose a cheque that has been passed to us by a third party... and a small hand written note from apex insid with DEBT COLLECTION written all over it , it says we have been unable to allocate this cheque, please pass it back to your customer and ask them to quote an apex reference number, name and address.

Now, Im laughing as i type this but in fairness its getting on my nerves now. Im not refusing to pay them, im not being unreasonable. Why are they refusing my money?

Any thoughts?

Simon

x:|

I get a letter today from my current bank, Inside it says we enclose a cheque that has been passed to us by a third party... and a small hand written note from apex insid with debt collection written all over it , it says we have been unable to allocate this cheque, please pass it back to your customer and ask them to quote an apex reference number, name and address.
Complain to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact they are deliberately trying to embarrass you by involving your bank when they have your contact details & are flouting OFT gudelines.

Ave ad enough quite frankly. These people think that they can do what they like.

Ive sent them this > With a copy to NATWEST too..

These companies are getting worse.. I can see how they drive people to do silly things to themselves.

Complaints Manager

Apex Credit Management

Apex House,

27 Arden Street,

Stratford Upon Avon,

CV37 6NW

Dear Sirs,

I write this letter firstly with regret for having to yet again contact you, and with a heavy heart that you have taken every opportunity to make this transaction as difficult and upsetting for me as possible.

May I firstly draw your attention to your website and your words:

At Apex Credit Management we pride ourselves on our ethical approach to credit management. Our highly trained UK based team are available to talk you through your credit problems and to work with you to establish suitable payment solutions.

WE WON’T JUDGE YOU

WE WON'T APPLY UNDUE PRESSURE

WE WILL WORK WITH YOU TO UNDERSTAND YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES

I am giving you the opportunity to back up your words today.

I have been advised by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) to contact you in the first instance regarding any official complaint and please take this letter as that initial contact.

I would very much like to be able to come to a working solution with yourselves without further unnecessary harassment.

I have now received back my cheque for 30.00GBP which I sent to you on the 22nd September including a letter asking you to reconsider the terms of my offer to yourselves based upon my personal circumstances and a pro rata offer to yourselves which I felt fair given the figure owed.

You have returned my cheque via **** bank to me and they have included your hand written note stating that you have not been able to allocate it, please return it with a name and address attached.

This is unacceptable behaviour

The cheque was sent with a letter fully outlining my name, Your reference number and my address. You also have my details on record from previous correspondence, there was no reason to involve my current banking provider and what you have done is a breach of the data protection act 1998.

I would firstly like to know why you are taking it upon yourselves to cause me so much trouble over a relatively small amount of debt which I have never refuted.

I would also like to know why you are refusing to accept payment from me.

I would like to know why you continue to demand a figure different to the original demand from Natwest plc

And finally I would like to know why you think it is acceptable to use my data in such a way to bring my good name into ill repute with my current banking establishment.

As per the FOS guidelines you have 8 weeks to resolve this matter. If after 8 weeks I have not got a satisfactory outcome to these problems then this complaint will be passed to the FOS.

A copy of this letter has also been sent to the original creditor for their information.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Utter utter XXXXX, the FOS is sick to the back teeth of the banking industry and all the complaints they have been receiving, I notice that my bank is top of the leader board for complaints, probably because most of them are mine! As well as the usual OFT/TS complaints local MP too!!!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well

I dont know if this is a result or what but it appear Me 1 Apex 0...

Letter from Natwest this morning, Complaints department have finally got to the copy of the original letter i sent to Apex demanding to know why they wont accept my offer/money and why they are claiming a different amount from natwest. Long and short of it, theyve recalled the account from Apex and closed my account with no further repayment required as a gesture of goodwill :)

Im flaberghasted!

I take back everything Ive ever said about Natwest lol

Well done. That was to easy IMO but a win is a win. BB. I think a whole load of those complaints are from my FIL the fos has ruled they have to pay back my FIL 9.5k for PPI missold but nearly 1 year on they have not paid him. They dont intend on either IMO the fos keep adding interest to it but thats it. FIL cant afford to take it to courts as hes getting no money.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.