style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm sure there have been similar threads posted previously, if so I would be grateful if someone could post a link. Otherwise thanks in advance if you can help me...

I owe c£30k to about three DCA's. I let things build up to the point where I couldnt meet the repayments to my lenders each month so in the end I just gave up and defaulted on all of my agreements. Lost my job etc etc. So the outstanding amount is all with collection agencies.

I have ignored them for 18 months now and in that time things have rectified themselves now in my circumstances to a point so that I do have an element of disposable income each month.

I just want to get things back on track now but really dont know what the best thing to do is. Whatever happens now, my credit file is in a state due to 3x defaults. I don't own a property or have any assets - I'm sick of being harrassed by the collection companies but am aware of acknowledging the debt with them. I don't know whether to go down the bankruptcy route, carry on ignoring them for 4 more years, or if I do enter into conversations with the collectors, what the best route is with them. I have been burying my head in the sand and want to face up to it but just don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance...

You really need to speak to national debt line. They can give you really good advice and help you choose what's right in your situation.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)