style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3604 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hello everyone, i orignally from HK and have been a student here for about 7 yrs, recently my visa of staying here have been rejected. so i decided to go back to Hong Kong for good and never come back, but the only problem is i dont have enough funding to pay off all my debt such as 2 credit cards and bank over draft. also i just renewed my phone line rental.

i really didnt think my visa will be rejected so didnt really prepare to pay off all my debt ( i know i should have done it before, but i only work as part time so didnt really have enough for myself.)

so just wondering what will happen if i stop paying them? will they contract all my prevouis address ( i moved 5times, my first address is belong to my cousin, i dont want their address get any letter or visit).

also will they chase me in Hong Kong? how about my credit report in Hong Kong?

i am very worry and annoy about this as my time is running out in UK, i wanna to solve it out ASAP.

thank you for your time no matter you are reading this or leaving a comment.

will they contract all my prevouis address
Probably, but any letters sent to you should be sent back unopened and marked 'Not At This Address'.
also will they chase me in Hong Kong? how about my credit report in Hong Kong?
They can only chase you if they know where you are & they cannot mark your HK credit file either. Nor can they enforce payments in HK because there are no reciprocal agreements.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

If they telephone your cousin he should speak in Mandarin/Cantonese to them they'll soon get the message. ;)

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so basically ALL my previous will be contact? or they only contact the last 2 address i been to? thats what my friend told me and i m not sure its true or not

They will probably contact every known address trying to find you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so what solve of contact is that? a letter saying i owe them money? or they will call the house number too? thank you so much for all info i really know nothing about debt.

They will try every way they can; by letter telephone and some debt collectors may send someone.

As I said, your cousin should return the letters unopened. If they telephone he should just tell them you no longer live there and then refuse to speak to them. If they continue to write, telephone or if someone calls he should make a complaint to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact because of them harassing him.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]