buying a car showroom do not accept payment by card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am going to pick up my car on Monday, the car showroom have just phoned and said that I need to pay for the car by cheque or cash.

I find this strange as I wanted to pay by debit card with a small amount on my credit card for the section 75 guarentee.

The amount I am about to pay is £14,800, I do not feel comfortable paying this amount without some form of protection.

The showroom say they do not let people pay by debit or credit card because they are charged £40-50 per month from the bank for having that type of facility.

Any ideas on what to do?

bacs?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The reason for the credit card not being used is possibly because of your rights associated with using a credit card, if you have an issue with the card you can under certain circumstances

claim via your credit card who in turn take it up with the garage etc...if you pay by cash your options for taking it back are limited...cheque the same

Paying that amount in cash for a car is ludicrous, any garage requesting that amount from you in cash should be avoided like the plague no matter how much you like the car

or feel it's a 'bargain'

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

• 1 month later...

Reputable/main dealers will not accept cash as payment as Brazillian CCK states and for that reason. I suggest a bankers draft but certainly not cash.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

• 7 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.