skcollobcat10

buying a car showroom do not accept payment by card

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3327 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am going to pick up my car on Monday, the car showroom have just phoned and said that I need to pay for the car by cheque or cash.

I find this strange as I wanted to pay by debit card with a small amount on my credit card for the section 75 guarentee.

The amount I am about to pay is £14,800, I do not feel comfortable paying this amount without some form of protection.

The showroom say they do not let people pay by debit or credit card because they are charged £40-50 per month from the bank for having that type of facility.

Any ideas on what to do?

bacs?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

If this wasn't told to you at the outset, then put it to them that you want the protection that payment by card offers or you walk away.

If they are telling you to take that much in cash, they are breaking money laundering laws which prohibit more than I think £7500 being taken in any one transaction, so be careful

The reason for the credit card not being used is possibly because of your rights associated with using a credit card, if you have an issue with the card you can under certain circumstances

claim via your credit card who in turn take it up with the garage etc...if you pay by cash your options for taking it back are limited...cheque the same

Paying that amount in cash for a car is ludicrous, any garage requesting that amount from you in cash should be avoided like the plague no matter how much you like the car

or feel it's a 'bargain'

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

What have you decided on skcollobcat10 ??

They have either been on the vino or they are recovering from being ripped off!:-)

Reputable/main dealers will not accept cash as payment as Brazillian CCK states and for that reason. I suggest a bankers draft but certainly not cash.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

I would avoid the garaeg like the plague. They are up to something! Once they have the cash and the car goes wrong you haev absolutley no comeback as they coudl clsoe theri doors in the event of a hassle..

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.